Swapping 811 to 211 with 1 year commitment..

Trev19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Swapping 811 to 211 (I Already Have a 1 Year Commitment)

Hey i was just inquiring before i call i just 2-3 months ago got a 811 from a dish it up, and i currently have 2 receivers, 211 comes out tommorow,, charlie chat said and everyone else said i could swap my 811 for 211 for 49 dollars, but im under a one year commitment,, does that matter as long as i subscribe to dish?

:( I probally end up being screwed cause i just got 811 :(

Last edited:
the 3 people that are roaming are you gonna give me a hint if i could get one or not? :) Tyvm. I dont wanna spam but im not patience sorry :(

If anyone has a 811 less then a year and got the promotion please tell me thanks :) <3 <3 Trev

Trev,

I have only had my 811 leased for about 2 months now. I have been assured that as long as you are willing to go up to one of the new HD "Metal" Packages than they will grant you the upgrade to the 211, regardless of how long you've been with Dish.

The price I'm not sure of. There was a rumor that you may have to pay a little more for the upgrade as a newer customer, but until I actually call and place my order I don't know if there is any truth to that.

Weez we are in the same boat :| i called 2 months ago trying to get a darn 211/411 :p im worried,, waiting for my mom to wake up :p she does the bills ,, pray with me buddy!

There is one thing you need to be aware of. Dish changed the commitment time from 12 months to 18 months. So your commitment will be for 18 months.

Dishpointer, you absolutely correct. I would be willing to upgrade to 18 months. :) Thanks guys for understanding my dillema.

Last edited:
woot got it!!! took me about 1 hour 30 mins.. 2 Calls, got a nice india guy named Rhabi :) 18 Months Commitment, 240 Dollar Cancelation ect.. ect.. Theres hope for you whizz! Firday The 3rd TOO!

what about self installs just want to swap 811 for 211

Trev19 said:
woot got it!!! took me about 1 hour 30 mins.. 2 Calls, got a nice india guy named Rhabi :) 18 Months Commitment, 240 Dollar Cancelation ect.. ect.. Theres hope for you whizz! Firday The 3rd TOO!
I been thru most of the post today however has anyone just called and done a swap out 811 for 211 where they allready have two dishes working?

IOW will dish just UPS the 211 I sure dont need anything installed?

thanks

trido

I dont think so trido, i only needed a swap out and they sending a guy anways :p ,, You probally wanna do it on your own tho :p Anyone else have anymore info on this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)