Swapping antenna

"The Winegard HD7698P has been receiving a lot of compliments from users for pulling in distant stations. It's designed for both VHF and UHF. It's quite large, though, and fairly expensive"

Is the antenna boom that runs horizontally?
The specs on this antenna say it is 14 feet long.. ouch!

Mark

"The Winegard HD7698P has been receiving a lot of compliments from users for pulling in distant stations. It's designed for both VHF and UHF. It's quite large, though, and fairly expensive"

Is the antenna boom that runs horizontally?
The specs on this antenna say it is 14 feet long.. ouch!

Mark
If you want to watch distant stations you need to get the most suitable equipment, and yes that means it costs money. Winegard hasn't been in business for over 50 years because they produce cheap pieces of junk, you do get what you pay for.

Reactions: larrykenney
If you want to watch distant stations you need to get the most suitable equipment, and yes that means it costs money. Winegard hasn't been in business for over 50 years because they produce cheap pieces of junk, you do get what you pay for.

Hey Boba..

Oh, the cost is not a factor at all. I said ouch because of the length. I was just trying to confirm that it was indeed 14 feet long. That's a very long antenna. I have no problem installing an antenna of that length. As long as I am assured of the occasional capture of San Francisco channels. It's worth it to me to pay that price to be able to get better channels than the channels we get here in the Sacramento Valley.

Mark

Yup, it's a long antenna... you're right, it's 14 feet long! That's why it works so well. You need all of those elements to get the gain needed to pull in the distant stations.

Larry

Winegard is still in business.

http://www.winegard.com/offair/hdtv-outdoor-antennas.php

Myself, I've had excellent results with Winegard stuff and never had anything 'garbage' from them. Buy their cheap crap and you'll get crap results, just like any other manufacturer, as you said, you get what you pay for.

Talking about garbage, this past week I ordered a Channel Master CM-7777 Pre-amp for a 3rd antenna I'm putting up here because of it's 30db gain VHF and UHF. Received it last night and the damn thing was DOA and I had to fix it. 7808 V regulator in it was shorted and numerous crappy solder connections. Works good now that I fixed it, doubt I'll buy anything CM again though. My Winegard AP-8275s have never given me a bit of trouble.

I read boba's message as saying not that they produce junk, but they wouldn't have been in business for over 50 years if they made junk.

- Trip

Reactions: raoul5788
I read boba's message as saying not that they produce junk, but they wouldn't have been in business for over 50 years if they made junk.

- Trip

Oops, re read the post and I believe you're right, Trip! Sorry Boba, I misunderstood what you wrote! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts