Swapping External Hard Drive Between Receivers

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
If I have an external HDD attached to my Hopper can I pay the $40 and then put it on my Wally with out having to reformat the hard drive? I keep the Wally in my camper and would like to record shows using my Hopper and then watch them when I go camping. If this has already been covered please forgive me. I searched but could not find a post that already covered this. If it is already out there please put a link and I will be happy to read it there.

Thank you.

That sucks! Sure wish that dish would use a standard format for all devices. Oh well.
Keep in mind that a Hopper is a true DVR and has specific software to make it work. The Wally on the other hand is a stand alone receiver that can be made a semi-DVR and has very specific software to make that work. I suppose that Dish could do away with all non DVR receivers but they would certainly go out of business with that decision.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
I had read about the HopperGo and forgotten about it. I just ordered one. Thanks for the help and the reminder. That's what makes this a great forum.

I had read about the HopperGo and forgotten about it. I just ordered one. Thanks for the help and the reminder. That's what makes this a great forum.
Hoper Go will not connect to a TV. I can't remember if the Dish Anywhere apps support AirPlay to Apple TV. In any case I also believe it formats the image for tablets so you'd probably loose significant resolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)