Swapping External Hard Drive Between Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
If I have an external HDD attached to my Hopper can I pay the $40 and then put it on my Wally with out having to reformat the hard drive? I keep the Wally in my camper and would like to record shows using my Hopper and then watch them when I go camping. If this has already been covered please forgive me. I searched but could not find a post that already covered this. If it is already out there please put a link and I will be happy to read it there.

Thank you.

That sucks! Sure wish that dish would use a standard format for all devices. Oh well.
Keep in mind that a Hopper is a true DVR and has specific software to make it work. The Wally on the other hand is a stand alone receiver that can be made a semi-DVR and has very specific software to make that work. I suppose that Dish could do away with all non DVR receivers but they would certainly go out of business with that decision.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
I had read about the HopperGo and forgotten about it. I just ordered one. Thanks for the help and the reminder. That's what makes this a great forum.

I had read about the HopperGo and forgotten about it. I just ordered one. Thanks for the help and the reminder. That's what makes this a great forum.
Hoper Go will not connect to a TV. I can't remember if the Dish Anywhere apps support AirPlay to Apple TV. In any case I also believe it formats the image for tablets so you'd probably loose significant resolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts