Swapping for one 612 and one 622

Boobie1998

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi All,

On Monday I have a tech coming out to swap my current receiver for one 612 and one 622. CSR couldn't get me two 612. It is my understanding that if I have 2 HDTV that the receivers will operate separately? Will they still be one line coming from dish inside my apartment? They are both dual tuners right? Couldn't find much info on 622 but got some info of their site on 612 model.

Any help appreciated

The 622 reciever is a dual tuner reciever capable of running 2 TVs one HD the other SD. If the reciever is put into single mode it then will allow picture in picture. 200 hours sd capable same as the 612. Yet the 622 is silver in color. If the installer has a 722 or 722k on his truck you might as well.see if he can install.it inplace of the 622 since your monthly bill will be the same but get a reciever that has a larger.hard drive and is capable of much more.

Last edited:
622 is a predecessor to the 722. Most of the features are the same but it has a smaller drive, the case is silver, and reportedly runs a little warmer. Reality is that you may get either a 722 or 622. Tell them you want to use a sling adapter and that will force a 722/722k. Monthly will be the same for either 622 or 722. Odds are pretty good the tech may have a 722 on the truck.

Both the 612 and 622/722 are dual tuner. The 622/722s support two independent TVs in Dual mode.

You will need a line from the dish for each receiver.

If they are charging any sort of upgrade fee, you may want to consider Hopper instead. A 1H/1J system would only be $1 more a month than the 622/612 combo. You lose 1 tuner, but gain ability to share recordings and PTAT.

Can I watch on demand on either receiver? How would receiver connect for on demand? I don't have a landline, is that ok with these receivers? So two lines coming from the dish connect to a type of splitter which will then have two cable connected to each receiver. I currently have a eastern 1000.4 dish hd

Thanks for the info so far.

Will it need to be hardwire or wifi adapter is an option? Do I need a landline with these receiver? I hope not cause I don't have one. How is hd picture quality with these boxes?

Last edited:
Tech here, getting a 612 and a 722K, do I need 2 wifi adapter to access on demand or is one enough for both boxes. Tech saying one but I think i need 2

zim2704 said:
You only need one, dish has a system that will link the two together for sharing the ip....dishcomm i believe it is

Or maybe thats just phone....been so long since ive done it that way. But see if he has a slinglink, that will light up all vip receivers with ip connection....most of the time,barring weird electrical setup

Thanks guys, got the sling link, but the 722K was put in dual mode, i need it in single mode right. the bedroom tv has a 612. its telling me that if i have something to record if i change the ch it gonna stop shouldnt it automatically switch to the other tuner. then the other tuner is connected via video not hdmi pic look bad. Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts