PHANTOM RECORDINGS

MarinDon

Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Marin County, CA
We are getting phantom recordings. They show up on scheduled recordings but not in timers. Dish just changed out the old Hopper with a new one and 15 minutes after booting up the phantom recordings appeared in scheduled recordings again, and on even more channels than before. We have a two Hopper, 5 Joey system running 7 TV's. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Tried looking in your daily schedule? Press DVR - RED button, select DAILY SCHEDULE - scroll up and it will say "Completed/Stopped by user X." Might give you an idea what's going on.

Oh I read the OP wrong. So you're saying that random things are showing up in the daily schedule, yet there is no timer associated with them? What happens when you click on one in the schedule, and select "Edit Timer?"

I noticed when we installed the new Hopper, the guide favorites were still intact. So they must be stored on the Joey not the Hopper, is it possible that one of the three Joeys on this Hopper is causing this glitch?

It is possible that it restored the timers from the old Hopper from the remote. All I can think of is try a Factory Defaults then go into Remote Manager and save right after initial setup. That way it doesn't remember the old timers/events/whatever.

Figured it out. When using search to set timers, it created schedules with partial letters. For example, using search for NCIS also scheduled programs that had those letters, like Money with Melissa FraNCIS, or a title with San FraNCISco. Mystery solved!
Thanks for your efforts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)