Swapping out DT for Dish

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hi,
We will be moving in 2 weeks, the new house is prewired for Directv in 2 rooms. Each room w/ Directv has 2 wires coming in from the dish. I’m assuming Directv receivers require 2 inputs per receiver?
We want to stay w/ Dish Network, been a customer for over 10 years and see no reason to switch now. The landlord will let us remove the directv dish and replace it w/ the two Dish Network dishes but he wants no new wiring added beyond the existing. So, will the installer be able to make use of the Directv wiring to hook up our 522 in 2 rooms? Also, and of course wouldn’t you know, the second room we would ideally like to have TV2 hooked up in is not the room wired for Directv. However, every room IS wired for “cable”. Can the installer tie in to existing cable TV runs to hook us up in the second room? Best I can tell this would require him to go under the house, will installers go to that length on an install?

I would just like an idea what to expect, I do not want to waste the guys time if he shows up and says he has to add new wiring to make it happen.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

Dish receivers only requite one line from dish. You're fine there with the present wiring. TV2 depends on where the pre-wired room lines originate, but probably will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)