722 Error 0ef5

wabash10

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
CO
Hi,
I am wondering why I am getting error 0ef5 when I start up my receiver, I did what it said, unplug the power for 1 minute and plug back in, but that didn't fix my problem. I am unable to pause, rewind, or record with my 722.

thanks for any help

Anthony

call or chat with tech support, your hard drive has died. well that was the case with mine. i lost dvr functions, rebooted, they came back. couple days later it happened again. rebooted, they didn't come back, got it to finally let me into the recordings and all of my programs were gone. call tech support and they will get you taken care of.

I agree, you should call customer service and get it replaced, the hard drive is most likely going bad. If you would like to be able to do DVR stuff while you wait on the new receiver you can try the steps in this thread.
!!!WARNING IF YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS YOU WILL ERASE EVERYTHING OFF THE HARD DRIVE!!!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...s/96954-how-re-initialize-hard-drive-dvr.html

Not that it matters in your case, since you will be getting it replaced in a few days anyways, but I want to make it clear for anyone that happens across this thread. Depending on how badly damaged the drive is, this may get it working for a little while longer while you wait on a replacement (it also may not help anything). Even if this helps, you still need a replacement receiver! Something is wrong with the hard drive, and it needs to be replaced.

Best of luck to you.

The receiver probably went into "Limp Mode" where it knows you have a hard drive problem, but doesn't stop you from watching tv until you get it taken care of.

Try the reformant procedure posted above.

It's a brand new receiver, no recordings at all, I would like to do a reformat, but those instructions don't work for the 722, I don't think.

thanks
Anthony

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it.

The OS on the receiver has already tried to reformat the drive and that failed, so the system is in non-DVR mode.

It does not even see the HDD anylonger.

Call Dish and have a replacement sent.

I don't know why it would be messed up out of the box, but I hope it isn't too big of a hassle.

thanks
Anthony

I don't know why it would be messed up out of the box, but I hope it isn't too big of a hassle.

thanks
Anthony

mine went out about a month ago, the 722 i had though was about a year old and i use the heck out of my dvr. i went on dishes website and reported my problem. they had me go through the same resets that i did and decided my hard drive died and needed a replacement. they sent one out that same day, received it 2 days later. the only hiccup that i had was that the CSR put in the wrong unit and they sent a replacement for my 625. i caught their error when i logged onto my account and looked at the order. they sent the correct replacement a day later. i would use the chat online because it is easier to understand them and they seem to be more knowledgable. you can save the chat in a text file to have a record of the conversation as well. just make sure you have them repeat which receiver is marked for replacement to make sure they got the right one. i also had dish home protection plan as well so the shipping and cost of replacement was free. good luck to you, hope you don't miss a bowl game or two while you are out of a dvr.

Unfortunately,
I don't know if it is that easy, I didn't get the reciever like a normal customer would, I need to go through someone else to get a replacement, I will figure it out, thanks,
Anthony

Unfortunately,
I don't know if it is that easy, I didn't get the reciever like a normal customer would, I need to go through someone else to get a replacement, I will figure it out, thanks,
Anthony
If the receiver is already active on your account, and you have the dish home protection plan, it is covered and dish will replace it free of charge (as long as they don't find malicious damage inside once they crack it open). If you haven't activated it or don't have DHPP, then simply activate it and add DHPP, then start another chat and complain about the error message. Most CSRs & TSRs will do it all in one call/chat session, but your mileage may vary. This will probably be significantly easier for you than trying to return it through whomever you bought it from. Best of luck to you

I appreciate the help, I just need to get everything figured out first, I just didn't know if there was a way to fix it other than get a replacement, I did get it from dish, but I can't simply call up, it's complicated.

thanks
I will get it sorted out.

Anthony

Similar issues. Just get a new 722 with mpeg4 on it. It has either no DVR, I go through the reset procedure...unplug 1 minute, etc...and it starts for a while then freezes. Reboot, no DVR, same procedures, works for a while and then stops again. The 722 has only been here about 1 month.

In fact, I got a call from DISH that my old DVR wasn't returned and they were going to charge my credit card. The installer (had to put in the 61.5 dish) had the receivers and apparently didn't turn them in.

Old DVR with mpeg2 would glitch once in a while but this new one is terrible. I need to get it replaced too.

Pete

Not if they can do adequate trouble shooting over the phone and determine that the receiver is in need of replacing.

They just ship you another one with a return label in the box.

I got the 0ef5 error. Followed the same procedures, shut off, power down, unplug, restart, several times. Finally called Dish and they are sending a replacement. Today the 722 suddenly came back to life and I am in the process of backing up my movies to an external hard drive. Hopefully it won't die again until the transfer is complete.

Will the external backup work with my replacement unit, or is it tied to this particular DVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)