722 Error 0ef5

Yes it will work. It is tied to your account.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to transfer my programs to an external drive. Funny thing is that the unit is still working. Funny, because I thought this was an internal drive failure error and usually hard drives do not come back to life.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to transfer my programs to an external drive. Funny thing is that the unit is still working. Funny, because I thought this was an internal drive failure error and usually hard drives do not come back to life.

Never mind. It died again. But now I have my programs backed up.

Warning to anyone else experiencing this error. Back up now, while you still can.

Yes it will work. It is tied to your account.

Did not work. It is tied to the receiver and it forced me to reformat the stupid disc in order to use it with my replacement unit. :rant:That has got to be one of the dumbest design decisions. So if your unit dies, you lose everything, even your backups.

Did you say no to the reformat and unplug the replacement receiver and let it reboot? I have replaced a 622 without any problems.

Did you say no to the reformat and unplug the replacement receiver and let it reboot? I have replaced a 622 without any problems.

No. It didn't show that as an option. It just said that the usb disk is "tied to another receiver" and must be reformatted to be used with the new receiver. I wasn't aware that there was a workaround.

yup me too once in awhile it asks me if I want to reformat and I CLICK NO, and works everytime.

Oh :censored:. I wish I had known.

Lesson: Don't follow the Dish on-screen instructions. It also told me to point the dish to 110, but I am on the Eastern Arc. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts