Sweet hr20 deal not so good

Status
Please reply by conversation.

builder75

Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
Well it happened...burned by an ebayer. Bought an hr-20 for $99 buy it now. Took them forever to ship...i mean like three weeks. Got the at9 up and aimed and made the call. SHAFT!!! Balance on the receiver and they wont activate it under our account. Good news is i bought an h20 also and it is good to go. Tried to get them to give me a deal on an hr20 to come back from mediacom, but they wouldnt budge. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

Well it happened...burned by an ebayer. Bought an hr-20 for $99 buy it now. Took them forever to ship...i mean like three weeks. Got the at9 up and aimed and made the call. SHAFT!!! Balance on the receiver and they wont activate it under our account. Good news is i bought an h20 also and it is good to go. Tried to get them to give me a deal on an hr20 to come back from mediacom, but they wouldnt budge. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

You should be contacting ebay about this. It may be fraud, depending on how the auction was listed.

You really expect D* to help you out when you did not buy it form them ?

Jimbo

Well he is not the one that stiffed them. And he would be a new customer.

He bought a (USED ? ) receiver, on ebay, that is a lease, but he probably was not told that ahead of time.....

He could have gotten the same thing from D* cheaper and probably more for the same money.

Seeing he has to call to activate, IF he's a new sub, D* will probably work with him, but I bet they don't like it when people bring stuff that was not purchased from them or one of their affiliates.

Jimbo

The only problem here is that he purchased a receiver that was from an account that still owes Directv money. Directv most likely will not work with him on this because they may think that he is the same sub just trying to activate under a roommates name.

It is to bad because the OP did nothing wrong through all of this. He was just a victim of a bad ebay transaction. I would contact ebay on this and see what they can do to help you. If you purchased this item with Paypal start the process with them also. You are protected up to $2000 when you use them for the purchase.

He bought a (USED ? ) receiver, on ebay, that is a lease, but he probably was not told that ahead of time.....

He could have gotten the same thing from D* cheaper and probably more for the same money.

Seeing he has to call to activate, IF he's a new sub, D* will probably work with him, but I bet they don't like it when people bring stuff that was not purchased from them or one of their affiliates.

Jimbo
When D* gets done with the first owner, making them pay for the leased hardware that they stole and didnt return and the balance on the account then that reciever should no longer be leased and free and clear should be his to use. When its paid for it will be bought from D*. Just hold onto it and wait. It could turn out to be a real bargain couldnt it?

I can't believe people are still buying D* recievers on ebay. Not me. Do that paypal chargeback yesterday. If you didn't use paypal, shame shame!

Well thanks for the mixed response. First of all let me say that i knew full well what i was getting into by purchasing the item. I'm not new to ebay or paypal. It was a $99 dollar gamble that simply didn't pay off. As far as turning it into paypal or ebay, whats the point. I did receive the item, it just wasn't in my favor. I played the odds and lost. I expect nothing from D* either. Just took a chance on getting the receiver for less than the $199 cost. But in the end, looks like i will pay the full $299 to get one.

Well thanks for the mixed response. First of all let me say that i knew full well what i was getting into by purchasing the item. I'm not new to ebay or paypal. It was a $99 dollar gamble that simply didn't pay off. As far as turning it into paypal or ebay, whats the point. I did receive the item, it just wasn't in my favor. I played the odds and lost. I expect nothing from D* either. Just took a chance on getting the receiver for less than the $199 cost. But in the end, looks like i will pay the full $299 to get one.
Just remember that the $299 doesnt get you ownership. Only the right to lease it. If you want to own it its over 700 dollars.

The point would be to not let the scum win the battle. Why would you just want to give your money away.

Well they had won the battle once the item arrived and i closed the dispute. Cant be reopened. But did they really win? I think not. I might have a $99 paperweight, for now, but they have to pay for the receiver. Once that it done, the item is considered owned. So I will just sit on it until then.

Well they had won the battle once the item arrived and i closed the dispute. Cant be reopened. But did they really win? I think not. I might have a $99 paperweight, for now, but they have to pay for the receiver. Once that it done, the item is considered owned. So I will just sit on it until then.

You said the seller owes a balance for programming, so D* will add that to the cost of the box.

The seller was low enough to sell it on ebay to an unsuspecting buyer (you.) They are not going to pay D*. It'll go to a collection agency and damage their credit, but that's about all.

I would still register a dispute to Paypal. I had a problem once, and they got the seller to refund the money to me. It may not be a $$$ thing to you, but it's the point of the thing!!

first, i don't understand.....if you opened a dispute, why was it closed?

second, unless the seller specifically said in the terms of the auction, the item was leased (and obviously if the account is not in good standing, this is doubtful), you have grounds to leave negative feedback.

i think i would still contact ebay. did you have any written correspondence with this seller? if yes, and you kept it, i would certainly offer to pass that along to ebay.

and yes, if you used paypal, i would file a dispute. no ands, ifs or buts about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Please support HR 2821

Grade A signal??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts