Switch Back? Comcast Sufferer - Any Advice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eire24

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I've lurked this board for a while - I think the idea of a forum where people with knowledge share with others - is brilliant, this is my first time to post. Anyway, I was hoping someone might have the time to help me with some advice.

I live in Atlanta, I moved 3 months ago (locally, in-town) - and because of a line of sight issue - there's a 50 foot narrow tree about 300 feet behind my house - I was forced to switch to CrapCast. The whole experience with them has been bloody terrible. I was recently walking my neighbourhood and noticed multiple dishes behind yards which were covered in big bushy trees right next to the dish. It made me hope that perhaps my installer was lazy, (he didn't get on the roof - single story) - he just said it wouldn't work - however, after seeing all the dishes, I'm hoping I might be able to call rentention and see if they can send someone out to retry. The main reason I want to switch back to D is because they are the only broadcaster of the Setanta Sports Channel. They are now showing a lot of English football games and with PPV going away, it's a huge chunk of the games overall.

Anyway- thanks for bearing with me so far - does anyone think it's worthwile calling rention to schedule an install? I am a HD subscriber, I realize there currently is no MPEG4 DVR available, if the install is possible, would it make more sense to wait til D release it for use, or just get it now and hope the mpeg4 DVR comes to market soon? The season kicks off in August, are there any real optimistic release dates for it and any thought on the upfront costs of "leasing" one? Again, I'm just merely hoping that I have a chance of getting a signal, but it would really help to get some thoughts as to whether it's worthwile calling or not.

As mentioned, thanks for helping, I miss the football and my C experience has been terrible (3 tech no shows, constant signal dropping etc.) - any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
eire24 said:
I've lurked this board for a while - I think the idea of a forum where people with knowledge share with others - is brilliant, this is my first time to post. Anyway, I was hoping someone might have the time to help me with some advice.

I live in Atlanta, I moved 3 months ago (locally, in-town) - and because of a line of sight issue - there's a 50 foot narrow tree about 300 feet behind my house - I was forced to switch to CrapCast. The whole experience with them has been bloody terrible. I was recently walking my neighbourhood and noticed multiple dishes behind yards which were covered in big bushy trees right next to the dish. It made me hope that perhaps my installer was lazy, (he didn't get on the roof - single story) - he just said it wouldn't work - however, after seeing all the dishes, I'm hoping I might be able to call rentention and see if they can send someone out to retry. The main reason I want to switch back to D is because they are the only broadcaster of the Setanta Sports Channel. They are now showing a lot of English football games and with PPV going away, it's a huge chunk of the games overall.

Anyway- thanks for bearing with me so far - does anyone think it's worthwile calling rention to schedule an install? I am a HD subscriber, I realize there currently is no MPEG4 DVR available, if the install is possible, would it make more sense to wait til D release it for use, or just get it now and hope the mpeg4 DVR comes to market soon? The season kicks off in August, are there any real optimistic release dates for it and any thought on the upfront costs of "leasing" one? Again, I'm just merely hoping that I have a chance of getting a signal, but it would really help to get some thoughts as to whether it's worthwile calling or not.

As mentioned, thanks for helping, I miss the football and my C experience has been terrible (3 tech no shows, constant signal dropping etc.) - any help is greatly appreciated.
You can always try ,
Was the installer that attempted the 1st time local ?
I would call D and let them know the situation, tell them that you have found neighbors placing them at the lot lines to gain LOS access. They should send some one else out, different company or you can find out who came out the 1st time and contact the manager (of local company) I'm sure the manager may like to hear about the experience you had.
I would expect the company to correct the problem.

As for MPEG 4 programming, dependingon your location, mpeg 4 programming is now being used.... So far locals are and receintly word has come that the
FSN RSN 's are going HD ( as we speak).

Jimbo

I went throught three installers before I finally got my 5 lnb dish up. The first one simply said it wouldn't work, the second tried half eartedly to do an install and the third finally took some time and did a bit of creative thinking and did a great install. I have had no problems since and I get great signal even with trees all around. The last installer was able to "shoot a gap" through a narrow gap in the trees and it worked well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)