Switch back from Direct to Dish...Questions

Duraduk

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
I was a Dish customer for several years and switched over to Direct two years ago. I switched due to being yelled at by a foreign CSR over a programming problem. Direct has been ok except for the cost (package prices and upgrade to HD cost) and now the PAC 12 network issue. In October I signed up with Dish to have the system installed at my RV in Oregon. Dish called me and had the install at my old account address (sold house two years ago). Explained that to the CSR and she referred me to the sales account CSR who was at another non US call center. I explained I no longer had the previous address and needed the installed to come to my current location at an RV park. She said they could not do that and cancelled the order. I tried to request a supervisor and she said no I would need to call a local retailer and reorder........I got upset and decided to forget it at that point as I was heading back to Texas. I did call a local retailer and they could not explain the problem. I have returned to my winter home in Texas.

I spend six months in Texas in a home and then six months traveling in my RV. My TV requirements are a HD single TV DVR receiver at home and a SD receiver DVR for my shop which is some distance from my house. I will carry the SD receiver DVR when traveling. I require DNS channels. I used All American Direct previously when I had Dish. Direct provides them now but will not provide me with locals and Direct allows me only one receiver.

I currently have two DishPVR 508 receivers that provided my service previously. I also have two Dish 500 antennas and a VuCube SD antenna for my RV for SD broadcasts.

Can Dish provide me with the service that I requrire. HD DVR tv at my residence along with one SD DVR receiver for my shop that can be transferred to the RV? I don't mine using one of my owned receivers for the shop/rv purpose. Distant nework channels and most importantly no hassle from a foreign based CSR. ( I am not a rude person but obviously I get under their skin when I ask to many questions off their script.....I wouldn't think my situation is that unique) I am well versed with sitting up portable antenna's after 30 years of tailgating and camping. I don't mind using All American Direct for DNS channels if they are still available.

Thanks for you help......

Hi, I would be happy to look into your account and over the details of what we can do to get you set-up. Can you please PM me with your account or phone number from your original DISH account and the four digit pin number? Thank you!

I want to thank Mary from the DIRT team and this forum for their assistance in getting hooked back up to Dish. Mary was extremly helpful in getting me set up without any hassle. Thank you all!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts