Switch box problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhack

Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Houston
Hi, i'm new here and i already have a question for the wise ones on the site.
I have problems with my signal and when i run the switch box test, i have dish 500 so i run the regular one with 38. I keep getting xxxx where there should be odd even odd even, i dont know what the problem is. All the cables are plugged in correctly and the dish seems to be in place. I really would apreciate some help. Please help a newbie out. Thank you.

there are numerous things you must do to find out what is going on with your recv.i would recomend taking the recv to a known working locations and run the cksw if it comes back with signal then you know the recv works. next step is to check and replace the the cabling from the satellite in connection. if it is new rg6 cable then check for grounding blocks, switches, the the lnbf. last step is to repoint the dish for optimal signal. you have to keep checking and eliminating untill you have got signal back. also check for barrel connectors they also can go bad. also bypass any surge protectors. a qucik way to check if its a wiring issue is to run a single piece of rg6 cable from the satellite dish lnbf to the satellite in connection to the back of the recv. if it works the you know you have a bad switch. if it doesnt work check the mounting and positioning of the dish. you might have to repeak the angles. it is a process of elimination.

WARNING: The "friendlyadvice" given can really screw you up depending on the type of receiver you have.

We need to know:
  • Receiver model(s)
  • EXACT LNBF & Switch types
before we can get you SAFE and useful advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)