Switch DP44 failure

tpautler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Just an FYI - Maybe this is common but it was a new one on me. I lost my signal from Sat 110 while still receiving 119 (and 129 off a second dish). So, initial diagnosis by tech support (and me) was my dish needed to be re-pointed (this theory was further supported by the fact that the dish had been engulfed with snow the week before.

As it turns out, the DP 44 switch just went bad. When the tech saw I had normal signal strength on 119 he then just swapped out switches and all was fixed. (By the way, the "Check Switch" detail error message just told me that I had one less sat signal than before).

TomP

Did you reboot the switch or just replace it?

My DPP44 has lost a sat or two a couple of times in the last month.

Just disconnect everything from it for about 5 minutes, reconnect and run check switch and all is well.

I've been told by those who should know that they have NEVER seen a DPP44 actually fail - just needed to be rebooted.

I did fix the switches - replaced broken Zener diodes what protecting each input and output.
To find the problem - measure resistance of each port - it it close to 0, then the diode most likely fried.

Did you reboot the switch or just replace it?

My DPP44 has lost a sat or two a couple of times in the last month.

Just disconnect everything from it for about 5 minutes, reconnect and run check switch and all is well.

I've been told by those who should know that they have NEVER seen a DPP44 actually fail - just needed to be rebooted.

Good to know. I asked the tech who came out whether switches could be re-booted. He just said that he changes them out and sends them back to Dish to figure out...

If I get another such problem, I'll give the re-boot a try. Man, its amazing how I am surrounded by stuff that needs re-booting periodically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)