Switch for Super

nmf28

Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
4 in port switch

I currently own a Dish 550 and I just bought a Superdish 121 (all dishes are dishpro) for the international channels. The Superdish came with a DP34 switch. I would like to use my dish 500 to get the 148 satellite only, the Superdish will get the 110, 119, and 121. Both dishes will be connected to 2 dishpro receivers, hopefully. The Superdish will use the three in ports to the DP34. Is there a switch that has 4 in ports that will work with dishnetwork equipment or can I use a combination of switches.

Thanks everyone.

A DP 44 PLUS SWITCH, put a dish pro single or dual on your 500 and run one line down for the fourth input, the switches aren't cheap though. This switch does have a power insertor though so make sure and hook it up correctly. This is the correct way to hook this up do not attempt a different solution because your results won't be right

Thanks, my dish 500 has a dishpro twin LNBF. I knew about the DP44 Plus switch, I was just looking for a cheaper solution.

Dish Dude is incorrect in stating his solution is the only way.

A pair of DP21 switches should do the job for you. DP34 output port into DP21 input #1. DP21 input #2 goes to the 148 dish - but the Twin might not work (I don't remember offhand). Switching the Twin out to a DP Dual WILL work.

Do a search on "Mad Scientist" - the big-time master switching thread should pop up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts