Switch from 625 to VIP622?

csete

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
I currently have two DVR's in the house... one VIP622 (with DishHD) and one 625. I've been on Dish network for a couple of months now. Is it possible for me to switch out the 625 with another VIP622? If so, what would be the up front cost to do the swap? What would be the monthly cost difference, if any? I would not be connecting the new VIP622 to an HD set, but would like to get access to the OTA tuner ability.

Thanks,
Craig

As long as you haven't done an upgrade already you should qualify for a dish n it up, monthly cost difference should be the same for what your paying now.

Upfront cost maybe $99 ??

What kind of OTA tuner does the 625 have? Can it do OTA digital broadcasts? If so, where do I go in the menus to scan for OTA channels?

HD Access Fee...

I currently have two DVR's in the house... one VIP622 (with DishHD) and one 625. I've been on Dish network for a couple of months now. Is it possible for me to switch out the 625 with another VIP622? If so, what would be the up front cost to do the swap? What would be the monthly cost difference, if any? I would not be connecting the new VIP622 to an HD set, but would like to get access to the OTA tuner ability.

Thanks,
Craig

I believe that there is a $6 HD Access Fee (a fee if you do NOT subscribe to the $20 HD Programming).

Geoff

I believe that there is a $6 HD Access Fee (a fee if you do NOT subscribe to the $20 HD Programming).

Geoff

That would only apply if he wasn't subbing to HD programming of course. Since he's subbed (I presume) to HD programming on the 622 that is hooked up to a HDTV set then his bill should remain the same on a monthly basis.

The 625 now has 100 hours of recording time and now 150 with this new software. the 622 has an ota tuner but it scans digital only it has 200 hours sd recording time and 30 hd recording time. If you can squeeze an upgrade from Dih then get the 722 which has 55 hd & 350 sd recording time. Usually Dish doesn't allow any ugrade unless its been a year. If you don't subscride to the hd programming then its $6 hd access fee per receiver.

625 doesn't have OTA tuner......... am I'm almost certain you get 1 upgrade/year, you could be two weeks after your initial activation and get an upgrade then you have to wait another year.

That would only apply if he wasn't subbing to HD programming of course. Since he's subbed (I presume) to HD programming on the 622 that is hooked up to a HDTV set then his bill should remain the same on a monthly basis.
Good catch. After re-reading the OP, I read it the same as you (has HD due to the 622). Missed that the first time.

Geoff

I guess I'm a bit confused. What the heck is the off-air connection good for on the 625? Is is nothing more than a pass through?

I guess I'm a bit confused. What the heck is the off-air connection good for on the 625? Is is nothing more than a pass through?

I believe that is correct. I had the same question a while ago, and that was the conclusion I reached.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)