Switch from 722k to hopper set up?

Going from VIP equipment to a Hopper would require a different installation. We would recommend having it professionally installed that way we can cover any problems if they come up. If you would like me to look into the upgrade options with you, just send me a PM! :)

Tough question.

There is a central node that the cables from the satellite dish, Hopper and Joey's all connect to.

From the node to the Hopper requires a single RG6 cable.

For the Joey's ... RG59 is fine out of the node.

If doing one Hopper you need 2 cables from the Dish to the solo node. If doing two Hoppers you would need 3 cables from the dish to the duo node. It's best to use RG6 coax for everything but RG59 will work with the Joeys.

Just had an install Saturday. Replaced two 622's and two 211's with two Hopper's with Sling and three Joey's. Everything was done with the existing cabling other than running a line for the new fifth receiver.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If doing one Hopper you need 2 cables from the Dish to the solo node. If doing two Hoppers you would need 3 cables from the dish to the duo node. It's best to use RG6 coax for everything but RG59 will work with the Joeys.

For an EA (61.5 & 72.7) and dual Hopper does one need 2 or 3 coax running to the dual node? Since each coax carries 1 satellite dish signal (l&r) and EA needs 2 satellites i would think the dual node would only need 2 coax inputs; i know that WA has 3 satellites worth of signals to send to the node.

You need three lines from the dish to the duo node. Think tuners, not satellites. Each cable from the dish supports 2 tuners each, two hoppers is six tuners, three cables needed.

For a two satellite setup, a more "switchy" node with only two cable input could probably be created, but the current design is the one size fits all(or at least most) option.

For an EA (61.5 & 72.7) and dual Hopper does one need 2 or 3 coax running to the dual node? Since each coax carries 1 satellite dish signal (l&r) and EA needs 2 satellites i would think the dual node would only need 2 coax inputs; i know that WA has 3 satellites worth of signals to send to the node.

Only way you'd be able to run only two feeds from the 1000.2 EA would be to a DPP44. Then you'd need three feeds from the DPP44 to the duo node.

You need three lines from the dish to the duo node. Think tuners, not satellites. Each cable from the dish supports 2 tuners each, two hoppers is six tuners, three cables needed.

For a two satellite setup, a more "switchy" node with only two cable input could probably be created, but the current design is the one size fits all(or at least most) option.

Only way you'd be able to run only two feeds from the 1000.2 EA would be to a DPP44. Then you'd need three feeds from the DPP44 to the duo node.

If a DPP44 is needed to split the 4 satellite signals (odd and even polarization) into 6 tuner's worth of signals, it would be nice if that functionality could be integrated into a duo node. If I remember correctly, the old zinwell 2 x 8 switches did that for 1 satellite to 8 tuners.

What? Are you saying use a DPP44 if it is only possible to get two cables to the dish? Otherwise, the LNB will have three outputs straight to the duo node.

Everybody also forgets to mention that the lines from the duo node to the Hoppers need to be RG6 rated to 3ghz. I would say maybe everywhere else doesn't have the same problem with existing cabling being high quality, but I know they do.

So, to the OP, best bet is to have it done professionally. Even then, you may still want to look at your cabling just to make sure it's correct.

I am notorious at our office for keeping a piece of cable from each job that doesn't have the correct cable to the hopper. For the year I have about 20, half of them internal guys, which is actually pretty sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)