Switch from Fios TV to DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dpdc77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
I've had FiOS TV for a year now, however I would like to go back to DirecTV for the Sunday ticket and Center Ice packages.

I still want to keep the FiOS Internet. Will the DirecTV installer have to run new cable or can they use the FiOS cable?

I've had FiOS TV for a year now, however I would like to go back to DirecTV for the Sunday ticket and Center Ice packages.

I still want to keep the FiOS Internet. Will the DirecTV installer have to run new cable or can they use the FiOS cable?

Wow,this is a tough one. I don't know what I'd do if I had FIOS in my area. FIOS doesn't have NHL Center Ice? How many TV's do you want to set up for watching NFL Sunday Ticket? I'm just asking because could you afford to keep FIOS TV & just set up DIRECTV for one TV(if you are only getting it for NFL Sunday Ticket & NHL Center Ice) & the required base package you'd need to get both Sunday Ticket & Center Ice?

Depends on how the FiOS installation was done. I have Cat5 from the ONT to my router. When I switch to DTV from FiOS tv, they just used the same coax with no problem at all.

That's not FiOS fault. They don't carry every RSN in HD nationally. Cable is ran regionally. The national Center Ice provided by the NHL to the providers is SD only with an HD channel or two. With Directv, the HD feeds are provided by Directv. I'd also wait, considering we are still waiting for the owners to not screw us out of another season. As for Directv and FiOS together. If you can find a friend to run wires or do it yourself, you'd be fine having both services. I have Comcast and Dish both running through the house, and that's with a finished basement. I run my wires and just have the respective company install the equipment.

dpdc77 said:

You know if you have a ps3 you can get the Sunday Ticket without service with directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)