Switch Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
Currently, I am running:

a Dish 500, dual LNB, Quad output
A Phillips 4900 Receiver
A Dish 811
Two switch 21's, one to each receiver.

The problem:
I am currently running two separate lines to the receivers from outside. (Into a window, etc) I want to use my existing cable wiring (don't use cable anymore) to lessen cable runs and clean up the wiring. I also want to run an antenna for OTA stuff. (Digital and analog)

I have tried two multiswitches, a Zenith ZDS5007 and an RCA D6520. The Zenith says it will not work with a quad output (missed that when I got it) and the RCA doesn't say, but has the same symptoms. (Seems to confuse the receivers and I lose most sat stations)

What switch will work?

Harry said:
Currently, I am running:

a Dish 500, dual LNB, Quad output
A Phillips 4900 Receiver
A Dish 811
Two switch 21's, one to each receiver.

The problem:
I am currently running two separate lines to the receivers from outside. (Into a window, etc) I want to use my existing cable wiring (don't use cable anymore) to lessen cable runs and clean up the wiring. I also want to run an antenna for OTA stuff. (Digital and analog)

I have tried two multiswitches, a Zenith ZDS5007 and an RCA D6520. The Zenith says it will not work with a quad output (missed that when I got it) and the RCA doesn't say, but has the same symptoms. (Seems to confuse the receivers and I lose most sat stations)

What switch will work?
You are trying to mix technologies, components for DISH Network and components for Directv most of the time can't be mixed. First suggestion is go to http://www.switchinfo.info/index.htm Second go from each dual LNB to the SW-21 just as they are marked( one LNB to antenna 1 the other to antenna2) forget your quad what ever that is. From the single output of the SW-21 go to a diplexer this is where you will connect the TV antenna. In the house you will need a diplexer in reverse to split out the satellite signal and the TV antenna signal. :) :) :)

boba said:
You are trying to mix technologies, components for DISH Network and components for Directv most of the time can't be mixed. First suggestion is go to http://www.switchinfo.info/index.htm Second go from each dual LNB to the SW-21 just as they are marked( one LNB to antenna 1 the other to antenna2) forget your quad what ever that is. From the single output of the SW-21 go to a diplexer this is where you will connect the TV antenna. In the house you will need a diplexer in reverse to split out the satellite signal and the TV antenna signal. :) :) :)

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I am confused. I don't understand the Direct-TV reference. All equipment is Dish/E* stuff. Unless the switches I tried are for D*. They didn't say but said work with most satellite sytems.

Could you clarify? Thanks.

oljim said:
Just run cable from dish to where you plan to use the rec. then just hook up that wire to sw when you need it.
Bad answer if that means climbing a ladder to the roof everytime you want to move the receiver. Acceptable answer if the switch is easily accessible in the attic/basement and all cables terminate their. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts