Switch issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olddishuser

Original poster
May 13, 2015
USA
One Dish (500 maybe? it is old) with a DP Quad LNB

522 in one room with 2 sat connections
512 in another with 1 sat connection (replaced a 508)

A few days ago the 522 can only pick up channels on 110, the 512 can only pick up channels on 119. Good signal strengths on both. (but shows signal loss on respective boxes for the sat that it can't "see")

Ran a check switch, got the message about "less satellites than previously found". Took a chance on the 512 and tried the switch trick where you pull the sat input from the receiver, let the test fail, save, then re-test. It didn't work. On the re-test, it only pulled in 119 and says NONE on switch now instead of the DP QUAD.

Any ideas?

BTW.. I very much like and appreciate the environment here, nice to see all of the real help.

Sounds like maybe the switch in the LNB. You might try to unplug both receivers for a few minutes to completely unpower the LNB and reset it. If that doesn't work then you might need a new LNB.

Good luck and :welcome

Thanks, will give that a try tomorrow! I appreciate the suggestion. Walking from room to room to view various channels just isn't working for me..:whistle

I think those 522 and 512 dish dvr dual tuner receivers only need to have to be DPP (Dish Pro Plus) LNB for that to work for that matter give that a try and see if it helps.

The power down of both boxes worked to reset the switch. Thank you my comrades! I didn't have to climb on the roof! Didn't think of the LNB still being powered by the receiver that I wasn't tinkering with trying to fix it.
:bluesbros

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)