Switch needed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

changomirage

Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hello. I have a Dish DVR 625 and want to install a Solo 301 receiver, but when I check the switches in the dishes, it doesn't have a available port. I have a Dish500 and a Dish300, and both are connected with SW21 splitters. To have a port available for the Solo receiver, which switch do I have to use ?. Any help will be very appreciated. Thank.

You have Legacy LNBs so your only choice is a SW64 6 inputs feeding 4 outputs. The alternative is replace LNBs with Dish Pro and a DP34 switch or a DPP Twin with a Dish Pro on the 300 dish. With the 625 you will need the separator with the DPP.

RE:

Who has a installation guide for the switch? Do I need the power inverter? If the switvh is in th roof, where do I connect the inverter? Sorry for these questions...they're stupid, I know, but I'm new in this.

Swap out the LNBF on the 500 for a DPPTwin and a DPSingle or better on the 300. the DPPTwin has a LNBF In port on it to handle orbit slots 61.5 or 129.

Then you will be able to use the two out ports for the 625 and 301. You will also need a DPP Separator for the 625.

Therefore, no switch and/or power inserters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts