switch problem

ggood19

Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
I'm waiting for my 4th service call because of a switch issue. Started about 2 weeks ago with a message on the screen that there was a problem with the switch and I could only get sat 119. The receiver is a DVR 501. I did take it to another location did the check switch and only received sat 119 so when the repairman came he replaced the cable from the receiver to the wall connection and all was well.
The same problem started the next day. Did the same trouble shooting and then took another receiver to the LR location and all was well so thought it was the receiver and they sent another one. It worked for about a day then same problem. Service man came and replaced more cable from where it came through the wall to the previous connection. Same issue, worked a couple of days. Last remedy was replacement of the switch and it worked 3 days. Now he's coming tomorrow and would appreciate any trouble shooting tips. Have two dishes now as I have HD to the family room and it's working great and the other 3 sets also work fine. Thanks

Set 1 (Living Room) DVR Problem location.
Set 2 (Family Room) 622 works fine to it and my office where 2nd TV is located.
Set 3 (Sons Room) 311 works fine
Set 4 (Wifes Office) 311 works fine
Set 5 (Bedroom) 311 works fine

Switch error Solved

We were having this same issue for weeks and I noticed when my ceiling fan was off that I didn't get the switch error.

My wife told me didn’t this start once we put in the new Green type light Bulbs (GE florescent Helical 13W. I thought she was crazy but at this point would try anything.

Once I went back to standard Bulb in the ceiling FAN I have never seen the switch err again, ( I put them back several times to test this and it fails every time I use these bulbs) So much for being green.

622 keeps rebooting by its self.

Dish 500 hardware setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts