Switch problems with 811

halvy52

Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Just got an 811 (not sure why since they're going to be done soon but...) I have 301 receiver as well. When I hook up the 301 I get 119 and 110 with great signal strength. When I hook up the 811 I get nothing. I have single dish with two LNBs side by side (not attached to each other). I have them going into an SW21 switch. When I do the switch check on the 811 I get nothing. Unknown Switch. Even when I go to my signal meter and bypass the sw21 and put 119 directly into my 811 I get nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

Ok... I read another message about this the other day and it said to disconnect all of my receivers for at least 10 minutes, which I did. Then plug the 811 back in by itself. It actually worked. I got my signal back and ran the check switch and got both satellites. Then I lost my signal 10 minutes later and haven't been able to get it back. Tried another receiver in the same locaton and it works fine..... Damn 811's....

k, I'm positive I have it plugged in the right port. Satellite In. I've done a check switch without the input connected then did it again with the switch connected. Still nothing. Anybody else have any ideas? Also, the check switch takes forever. And yes my other receiver is still getting signal if I plug it into the same line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)