switch problems

mike2381

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I've been struggling with this problem for over a month. I have 2 rca directv 18" dishs, each with dual lnb's. I have one pointed at 110 and one at 119. I connected 5' of rg6 cable from each to a sw21 switch. I connected 30' of rg6 cable to the sw21 and to my 7100 receiver. I get it to see a sw21 switch but it says multi dish problem detected. I get 119 odd and 110 even and 110 odd. I don't get 119 even. If I switch the 119 and 110 dish inputs on the sw21 I get 119 odd and 110 odd, no evens. I bought another sw21 switch and I get the same problem. One switch is the microroyal sw21, it dosent say sw21x on it. The other switch is the one with 2 inputs on one side and the output on the opposite side. So the same exact thing happens with a completly different sw21 switch.

I tried running direct to the receiver and get good signal on both 119 and 110. But I don't get it on all transponders, just most of them. It dosen't seem to make a difference if they're odd and even I don't get some of both.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I'm not a D* man, but seem to remember something about some (all?) D* LNBs doing transponder translation - that is, when they downconvert them they don't use the same frequency bands/order/whatever as do the E* LNBs.

I might be way off, but then again, maybe not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts