Switch Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frankey

Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
I have my dish located at the top of a VERY steep roof of a 2 story home. From what I can see, there are two coax cables coming from the dish down into the attic. I have two single tuners, one in the family room and another in the master bedroom. My son gave me his old 508, and I was wanting to activate it and hook it up in the family room so that we could watch tv with my current tuner while the 508 records a different program. Question: Is there a switch that I can attach to the single cable coming out of the wall in the family room that will allow me to connect both of those receivers to the family room tv? Or does the switch have to go outside or in the attic? I was hoping to not have to do anything outside. Any and all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Not necessarily. If the OP is running a DP Twin, then it's just a matter of putting a DP 34 switch in the attic with the two lines from the dish/LNB feeding the input. From the switch he could feed 4 rooms.

Without know exactly what the LNB is it's hard to tell.

Frankey, you will need to get to the "check switch" screen and find out what your switch/LNB arrangement is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)