Switch receiver to another room?

jresurv

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hello
First time on the site. Browsed around some and got some good info on some problems I've been having.

I have a question about re-configuring my set up. Hopefully I can explain it well.

Original set up by the installer was:

Living room- VIP 622 in dual mode

Bedroom 1 VIP 211 HD

Bedroom 2 311

Bedroom 3 No box- cable installed and controlled by 311 in living room

Deciided we dont really use the TV in bedroom 2 and would like to leave the 622 in single mode(most of viewing is in living room) and move the 311 from bedroom 2 to bedroom 3 to have stand alone control in there. I moved the 311 to the cable in bedroom 3 and switched the 622 to single mode, but am getting no satellite reception to the 311. Is there a switch to change somewhere to open the cable up that was controlled by the 622? Or is there something in the way the wire is installed that prevents it from being used on its own to a reciever if it was originally part of the combo 622 feed?

Thanks

Hello
First time on the site. Browsed around some and got some good info on some problems I've been having.

I have a question about re-configuring my set up. Hopefully I can explain it well.

Bedroom 1 VIP 211 HD

Bedroom 2 311

Deciided we dont really use the TV in bedroom 2 and would like to leave the 622 in single mode(most of viewing is in living room) and move the 311 from bedroom 2 to bedroom 3 to have stand alone control in there. I moved the 311 to the cable in bedroom 3 and switched the 622 to single mode, but am getting no satellite reception to the 311. Is there a switch to change somewhere to open the cable up that was controlled by the 622? Or is there something in the way the wire is installed that prevents it from being used on its own to a reciever if it was originally part of the combo 622 feed?

Thanks
If I understood correctly, the 311 in Bedroom 2 is now in Bedroom 3. Bedroom 2 should have had a cable coming into the room from the dish and one going out to Bedroom 3. You would need to move (or install a new cable) from the switch (or dish) into bedroom 3.

If the cable that went into Bedroom 2 to feed the dish was long enough, it would definitely be easiest to just move that cable.

Geoff

The satellite receiver sends 18volts DC on the coaxial cable to the dish to power the LNB. Cable from bedroom 2 carried the voltage to the dish, by moving the receiver the 18 volts is no longer going to the dish. You will need to reroute the cabling to get the voltage to the dish. It could be as simple as connecting the cable that goes to bedroom 3 to the wall plate in bedroom 2. We can't see your wiring so you will need to contact DISH and have a service call or provide us with more information so we can try to guide you.

Bedrom 2 and 3 both have cables coming from the dish. I followed both of them up under the eave where they went into 2 different switches. (Wondered how I had 4 cables coming into the house when I only saw 3 coming out of the LNB). So I switched the cables from bedroom 2 and 3 at the switch and Voila. Thanks for the help all.

Hello

Bedroom 1 VIP 211 HD

Bedroom 2 311

Thanks

I think he meant that the bedroom 3 TV was controlled by the 622 in the living room, not the 311. Thus 622 TV2 was in bedroom 3 where he now cant figure out why the 311 wont get a signal. More info would be helpful there as not knowing what equipment you have makes it difficult. You need a line from the dish to the 311, the 622 does not provide sat signal. Unlike cable you may not split the signal either. Each receiver must have its own home run cable back to the dish. If you have 2 sat lines to the 622 you may be able to connect 1 to the tv2 line that now goes to the 311. You would need a DPP LNB to do this, which you may already have. Let us know what dish and LNB you have. Does it say DP on it? or DPP?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)