switch to Eastern Arc

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
In STL want to switch to EA to get rid of DPP44 and power inserter. CEO@dishnetwork.com called back and said they would do it, he just had to check on how to get me a new security card for the 722. He didn't see me on a list getting one. The 612 is updated.
Will I miss any programming? Locals still in HD? I don't get internationals

what is the advantage of switching to eastern arc

I am presently on the HD only gold pachage or whatever its called. I get all the hd channels and hd locals plus hbo and starz. What is the advantage in switching to eastern arc? I have a two dish solution one pointed at 61.5 and the other dual 110/119 dish.

JC

I'm on my 3rd DPP44 switch and power inserter. I still have 1 receiver that acts up. Advantage is ridding myself of the switch

Just upgraded my old 322 to a 222k to go with my 622 and 222. Called Dish to activate my 222k and deactivate my 322. It went very smooth. They switched me to tech support and I talked to someone in the US with a southern accent (sweet) and he set me up for 1000.4 install on 2/12/09 which will remove my Dish 500 for 110-119 and Dish 500 for 61.5 and replace with the 1000.4 so I can get the Little Rock DMA with the local HDs and all my other programming with one dish. It will also eliminate my DP44 switch if I want. The only downside is they deactivated my locals on Dish until 2/12/09 which eliminates my pogram guide for my OTA locals until then. Dish will credit my account for the loss of locals for that time. I guess it's the price of progress.

The only downside is they deactivated my locals on Dish until 2/12/09 which eliminates my pogram guide for my OTA locals until then. Dish will credit my account for the loss of locals for that time. I guess it's the price of progress.

I switched to EA for the Little Rock locals in HD back in November when they became available. I too had to have my SD locals deactivated when the order was placed but when I got the dish and did an on line chat to get the locals and DVR Advantage again I got the locals but no DVR advantage-unknown to me at the time since they told me I had it again. Basically my bill went up by about $10 until I caught the mistake. Even then I had to argue with the on line chat CSR to get DVR Advantage back since they informed me it was only for new customers. I explained that I had it with the SD locals and after a few minutes I was told I have it again but my bill is still a mess with partial charges and the like.

Moral of the story-watch your statement closely.

I switched to EA for the Little Rock locals in HD back in November when they became available. I too had to have my SD locals deactivated when the order was placed but when I got the dish and did an on line chat to get the locals and DVR Advantage again I got the locals but no DVR advantage-unknown to me at the time since they told me I had it again. Basically my bill went up by about $10 until I caught the mistake. Even then I had to argue with the on line chat CSR to get DVR Advantage back since they informed me it was only for new customers. I explained that I had it with the SD locals and after a few minutes I was told I have it again but my bill is still a mess with partial charges and the like.

Moral of the story-watch your statement closely.

I think a lot of the confusion is because DISH has such confusing ways of accounting for their various billing items. THe dvr advantage is for top 100 or top 200 and then you add the top 250 bonus pack for another 10.00 and the gold pack for another 10.00 and if you have a premium movie pack for another 10.00 , and they list all 3 as 3 premium packs added to the dvr advantage for top 200. They should simplify their billing and simply say DVR advantage for top 100/200/250. How hard can that be? I think that they keep it confusing so their subs won't know when they are paying more than other subs. IF you don't know about dvr advantage you pay for top 250 +locals +dvr fee ,instead of the 5.98 you save under dvr advantage. I said it before and I will keep saying it to Charlie :

K Keep
I It
S Simple
S Stupid
!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the Cincinnati DMA and have 2 622s and 1 510 with a DPP44 Switch and power inserter. How does the DPP44 go away by switching to Eastern Arc?

TIA

Scott

The dish 1000.4 sat dish installed for eastern arc subs has a three sat configuration + a lnb port for another side sat dish . It allows 3 receiver installs with the built in switch in the lnb itself.

If I jump on the Eastern-Arc bandwagon, and realign my dishes myself (using a vip612), will i have to call Dish to reactivate my channels once I successfully get the new signal? (Was using 119-110-129 sats)

will i have to call Dish to reactivate my channels once I successfully get the new signal?
Nope. I have a 722 with the new G3 smartcard and just recently converted over to the 1000.4 dish. All I had to do was aim the dish and run a check switch and all my programming was there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts