Switched Digital Video coming to Brevard!

Switched digital video, is a partially IP based system that doesn't have the full range of video carriers coming to your local box or TV.

You will be reaching out to a server somewhere in your area, it has the advantage of not having all the video carriers, but it has a lag when changing channels (hopefully you don't channel surf it may drive you nuts, very slow).

There are many other differences when comparing a video based system with the switched digital video system, if you are really interested I can point you to some technical info.

... but it has a lag when changing channels (hopefully you don't channel surf it may drive you nuts, very slow).
Oh good gosh. Our TV experience is 95% channel switching except for a very few programs (4) that are on the regular list, and we DVR those. Standard day-to-day watching is ALL surfing. Good grief.

SDV has already been on several channels in Orlando (at least for employees to test) and its not that noticeable the difference. Perhaps it has to do with the limited channels and limited people viewing, but we shall see how it works. People bitch and moan about "add more hd add more hd" Then when you make the system capable of it they bitch about something else. Its never ending.

SDV has already been on several channels in Orlando (at least for employees to test) and its not that noticeable the difference. Perhaps it has to do with the limited channels and limited people viewing, but we shall see how it works

Correct with a limited number of users and channels it isn't so bad, but we have probably all seen slow internet response at lunch time (if you work in a large place), if it is set up for a minimal number of users per server it is okay!

And yes some people like to channel surf!!
I am not one of them but I have been around these forums long enough to hear that complaint!!

I understand the complaint. It bothers me to, but we get used to it. When cable went to simul-cast digital their were the same complaints. That analog tvs changed so fast vs tvs with digital boxes. Well everyone got used to it and it was fine The same will happen with SDV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts