Switched from Comcast, my impressions after 1 week...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linebackeru

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I made the switch to D* last week from Comcast and can't put into words how happy I am that i did. I used the AAA deal and got a great price and a second HD DVR for $99, which was a nice start. Installer showd up Friday, I asked if I was getting SWM and he said most definately, so we were off to a good start. When he was putting the Dish up, i checked the boxes for the DVR to see what i was getting. Was very pleased when I saw there were 2 HR23's sitting there.

Now that I have had it hooked up for a week, I gotta say, I am very impressed with the picture in both HD and SD it is better than my Comcast. I am also getting a better variety of programming with much more HD for less money (would be same $$$ without deal). Also, I was a little iffy on the switch with the reports on how the DVR's were slow or lagged. Mine is actually more responsive than the cable DVR I had for the last 2 years and has more space. Some of the extra little features are great too...The scoreboard feature is awesome and I like the sportsmix channel quite a bit as well. I am going to mov my computer and router to a different room this week, then I will run some ethernet cable to hook up the on demand. If that works as well as everything else has, I will be ecstatic. I am definately happy with my choice and would like to thank all who gave me information and answered the questions I had in this forum....I would have never thought to even check my AAA discount otherwise

I'm into my 3rd month from switching from Comcast to DTV. I did a "triple play" deal with Qwest for a landline phone, and DSL also. While I'm not nuts about the DSL verses my old Comcast cable, it's OK. That doesn't mean I'm closing the door on cable when my 2 year deal is up and if the DSL goes up a notch to the next speed (20Mbps) in my area, I'll probably stay with DSL also.

What I get a kick out of, is canceling service. As soon as I notify my present service that I'm switching, I get all kinds of offers to match what the new service is offering. So, I guess the policy is to screw the present customers and only offer better service to departing customers. I got the same offers from DTV about 4 years ago when I cancelled to go with cable in order to get my locals in HD after waiting 2 or more years for DTV's promise of locals in HD sometime in the future.

Well the future has arrived (actually it did a couple of years ago) and now I'm back with DTV. Best in the USA for television by far.

I'm 6 months into switching from comcast triple play, and we couldn't be happier with DirecTV. We also did the "triple play" with qwest landline and dsl, but ended up canceling both of those after a month and getting Comcast for internet again. Much Much faster, for cheaper than dsl. Comcast only has about 15-20 HD channels here so D* just blows them away. MUCH better equipment (HDDVR) as well.

Im too am a month into DTV from comcast. EVERTHING has been great. Couldnt be any happier. I did keep the comcast internet cuz you just can t beat the speed. I just wish my dumb butt got a HD box for the bedroom instead of the reg sd box, so now im debating if i really want to trade it for HD box and have another 2yr comm added to my service. tisk tisk..

OVERALL IM VERY HAPPY

Glad to hear. Many people diss-the-dish, but I think they're all haters ;). I've never had Comcast, but I hate them. I know too many friends and family that complain about the high prices and lack of quality. I love to see my parents... nice dinner and good times at their place, but not when there's a Blackhawks game on. I can NOT watch sports on their Comcast cause the quality is so crappy. I know it's not the TV since we pretty much have the same one. Also, when I watch The Office at their place, it's a sad SAD sight. Good luck and happy watching!

We are into our second month of directv and love it. I got the triple play from Verizon land line dsl and Dtv. Cablevison is sending me offers to come back. Over all my dsl is just as good as the cable dtv beats cablevison by a mile The phone is the only thing on a 39.99 charge they are charging about 10.00 in taxes. I was always afraid of getting a dish but it was hooked up on the roof 1 line down to a splitter and then to a booster I think they call swm I have great picture on all tvs. All my equipment was free. I am thinking about adding one more hd receiver in the next few weeks.

Much Much faster, for cheaper than dsl. Comcast only has about 15-20 HD channels here so D* just blows them away. MUCH better equipment (HDDVR) as well.

No argument about Comcast internet being much faster. However, I'm not buying cheaper. I was paying around $55 a month for their internet. I think my Qwest DSL is guaranteed for life at around $45. I've never had the DSL go out that I'm aware of. Different story for Comcast. I never kept track, but I would guess that Comcast went out at least a could times a month and then I would have to trek down to the basement, unpower my modem or do a manual reset to get back online.

I will say that I don't remember it being as bad before I switched to "their" triple play with they SLOCK cable phone service. I may go back to their internet, but I'm never buying into their cable phone service again as that was always going haywire.

While I know most of the younger generation is going all wireless on their phone service, I like a land line as a backup.

Interesting. I dropped Att DSl and Phone service for Comcast and get more than double the speed 6-14 . Clearer telephone sound and so far not nearly the amount of service failures I did with ATT. I did not bother with the cable and kept Dish.

Interesting. I dropped Att DSl and Phone service for Comcast and get more than double the speed 6-14 . Clearer telephone sound and so far not nearly the amount of service failures I did with ATT. I did not bother with the cable and kept Dish.

I am able to get 12 from my DSL for $39.99 and a phone line that will accept incoming calls and allow me to dial 911 and toll free numbers free, 10 cents per minute otherwise....I use my cell for everything anyhow. Comcast wants $42.95 for 15mbps and that's for current voice or cable customers. The price goe sway up without any of their other services....and I have no use for their phone or cable.

I am able to get 12 from my DSL for $39.99 and a phone line that will accept incoming calls and allow me to dial 911 and toll free numbers free, 10 cents per minute otherwise....I use my cell for everything anyhow. Comcast wants $42.95 for 15mbps and that's for current voice or cable customers. The price goe sway up without any of their other services....and I have no use for their phone or cable.

Your fortunate, best I can get is 6 from AT&T DSL and that's at 42.95. I get 12 plus at the same price. Actually a reduced price till Jan for being a new customer. I work from Home so I have 3 computers hardwired, 2 phone lines then 2 360's, 2 Dish 622s, BD player, 2 wireless computers and various handheld all using the internet at various times. Family of 4 and lots of technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)