Missing Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
Okay for the last few days I have been missing 2 of my LIL channels. All I get is a black screen. I get no error messages. If I reboot sometimes the channels will come back up, but once I change the channel and go back, it is gone again. I called D* and they have no idea what the problem is. They escalated it. I have the SWM 3LNB dish and a HR20-100. It is only happening on this receiver. I also have 2 H21, a H20 and a R22. These receivers all get the missing channels. I thought it may have been the CE I downloaded Friday, so I went back to NR. They came back for a while, but then they disappeared again. A poster from DBS Talk who lives down the street from me has the same model HR20-100 and he is having the same problem on this receiver only. The channels are 4 and 24 in the Charleston market. What is going on here? Anybody?? I get my other local channels fine.

Okay for the last few days I have been missing 2 of my LIL channels. All I get is a black screen. I get no error messages. If I reboot sometimes the channels will come back up, but once I change the channel and go back, it is gone again. I called D* and they have no idea what the problem is. They escalated it. I have the SWM 3LNB dish and a HR20-100. It is only happening on this receiver. I also have 2 H21, a H20 and a R22. These receivers all get the missing channels. I thought it may have been the CE I downloaded Friday, so I went back to NR. They came back for a while, but then they disappeared again. A poster from DBS Talk who lives down the street from me has the same model HR20-100 and he is having the same problem on this receiver only. The channels are 4 and 24 in the Charleston market. What is going on here? Anybody?? I get my other local channels fine.

Have you tried the usual things, like swapping the dvr for one that works elsewhere, or swapping the cables going to it? How about your signal strengths for your local transponders when the channels are there and when they aren't.

Have you tried the usual things, like swapping the dvr for one that works elsewhere, or swapping the cables going to it? How about your signal strengths for your local transponders when the channels are there and when they aren't.

Yes I have tried all that. My signal strengths are all in the high 80's and 90's.

Could be your LNB, and/or your multiswitch or any groundblock or barrel connectors that is doing this, is it doing it one just one reciever or all of them? Is it Issolated to that room is what I should be asking.

If the tech used the wiring that was already in your house, might be a low frequency splitter in the line somewhere, or a barrel on a wall plate that doesn't allow the signal to pass through. These two are the most common causes of the issue you are having. If your wall plate barrels (the part you attach your cable line to) has a while or clear center I would recommend replacing it with a blue colored one. If a tech comes out, they should have them on their vehicle.

Could be your LNB, and/or your multiswitch or any groundblock or barrel connectors that is doing this, is it doing it one just one reciever or all of them? Is it Issolated to that room is what I should be asking.

If the tech used the wiring that was already in your house, might be a low frequency splitter in the line somewhere, or a barrel on a wall plate that doesn't allow the signal to pass through. These two are the most common causes of the issue you are having. If your wall plate barrels (the part you attach your cable line to) has a while or clear center I would recommend replacing it with a blue colored one. If a tech comes out, they should have them on their vehicle.

It is isolated to that one receiver. I took a receiver from another room and moved it to where the DVR is and it worked fine. It is the DVR for some reason. Had a service call this past Saturday, but he did not have a HD-DVR on the truck. I don't know why since the work order had that it was a service call for a HD-DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts