Switched to Dish!

Dishnetisforme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
California
Well I called AT&T/ Dish Network and switched from Directv.I am happy about my choice so far.I ordered the Everything package with a DVR.For a standard tv.I used to be a Directv fan as you can tell by my name but not no more.The lack of premium channel choices on Directv did me in.Directv does not carry starz kids and family etc.I am a sub for at least 18 months but I think I will be happier with Dish.They arre coming out on the 24th wish me luck guys.

Best Of Luck!

Directvisforme said:
Well I called AT&T/ Dish Network and switched from Directv.I am happy about my choice so far.I ordered the Everything package with a DVR.For a standard tv.I used to be a Directv fan as you can tell by my name but not no more.The lack of premium channel choices on Directv did me in.Directv does not carry starz kids and family etc.I am a sub for at least 18 months but I think I will be happier with Dish.They arre coming out on the 24th wish me luck guys.

Want to wish you the best of luck,E*,does have good movie packages.
I on the other hand,just made the switch,from E*,to D*,cause I liked what D*
offered with Total Choice w/locals,compared with,AT120 w/locals,for the same price.

One word of advice,if your TV screen goes dark,for no reason,just press in on the
power button,for 6 seconds,and your programming should return.That's called the
Black Screen of Death,or BSOD,for short.It happened on my 301,often.

Congrats! How are you going to manage being on E* while you have that username? :)

The 522 (or whatever its called today) DVR is a very good choice. Its been out for quite a while so they've fixed pretty much almost all of the bugs. Hopefully your installation goes well.

chrisw27 said:
Congrats! How are you going to manage being on E* while you have that username? :)

The 522 (or whatever its called today) DVR is a very good choice. Its been out for quite a while so they've fixed pretty much almost all of the bugs. Hopefully your installation goes well.

Yeah can I change my username and how do I do that lol?

You make sure you keep browsing ebay and get an HD DVR like the 92 or 622 and then your life will change waaaay big.

Of course HDTV or HD projection systems are needed so wait until you decide. A Sanyo PLV-Z3 Carada Brilliant White 11o inch setup will cost you less than $2000 and it will make you not want to ever return to the movie theaters. My 4 year old says at the Sony theater to her mommy "Mom why is the picture scratched? Fix it mommy". This after i spoiled her with Wallace and Grommit and Madagascar along with the insanely sharp Animania movies. The only downside is that she cannot relate to the Nickelodeon "eat snack until you blow up" commercials gang at preschool anymore. Heck, she belongs to the Dish elite club too just like her redneck daddy :)

New vip installed but not happy

Just went from Tivo to the Vip622dvr. I am a bit confused. Here is what I got, a separate receiver in the bedroom, a toshiba mx195 56" in front room. I am using the latter for recording of course. Problem is, my tivo had two feeds from sat dish, i could record two programs quite simply. This new vip receiver has one lead coming from outside and split just before it goes into the reciever. I don't know what is going on, but i can record a show ok, but when two are recording at the same time, one is a black screen. I don't understand at all. I have tried it in dual mode and single mode. Can anyone help.

dadio said:
Just went from Tivo to the Vip622dvr. I am a bit confused. Here is what I got, a separate receiver in the bedroom, a toshiba mx195 56" in front room. I am using the latter for recording of course. Problem is, my tivo had two feeds from sat dish, i could record two programs quite simply. This new vip receiver has one lead coming from outside and split just before it goes into the reciever. I don't know what is going on, but i can record a show ok, but when two are recording at the same time, one is a black screen. I don't understand at all. I have tried it in dual mode and single mode. Can anyone help.
Call DISH and complain about your install it isn't done correctly.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)