Switching back to DISH from COMCAST.

psdstu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Marianna, FL
I am setup for Wed to have DISH come out and install a 722K and I had a couple of questions.

1. I am going to be keeping a cable lifeline connection like I had with Comcast before, but since the last time I had DISH, Comcast has switched from analog to digital signal. When I had Dish/Comcast lifeline before the installer was able to use a diplexer so he only needed one cable. With Comcast now digital vice analog....can the installer still use a diplexer or do they need to run a seperate sat line?

2. With the 722K comes 2 remotes, I went round and round the last time with the installer about leaving me the spare remote.....he said no.....Dish doesn't allw that.....I ended up speaking with his supervisor and he left me the spare remote.......what's the real story.......Is the customer supposed to get both remotes?

I am also going to try and remember how I setup Remote 1 for UHF because my Sony 52" LED TV was causing IR problems with the Remote 1.

Thanks.

The issue is whether or not you're using a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. If you are, the diplexer might munch the downlink signal.

If you're using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, it should work.

Diplexing is out the window if you're planning on backfeeding the distribution signal. Going forward, I would NOT expect to be able to diplex.

You should get two remotes. One IR and the other RF. No more, no less.

You definitely get both remotes. It's not a spare, it's for use with TV2 when in dual mode. The installer should have known that. Maybe he did.

Keep in mind that if you keep the lifeline television service, you may not qualify for new customer promotional prices should you later decide to switch back to Comcast as your main television provider. I think you can sometimes get them if you just have Internet, but if you have any form of television with them, you're considered an existing television customer should you later choose to upgrade. At least, that's my understanding.

tv1 remote in UHF is super easy now. just flip the toggle switch inside the battery door on the back and link the remote to the receiver (i forget how). you have to make sure its a UHF remote though. should say on the back. mine do

When I had the 625 installed over a year ago, the tech set the TV 2 remote up to work remotely from another room. Anyhow, good to see you're leaving ComCrap and returning to Dish. I've had both them and Time Weiner, couldn't afford the channels I'm now getting with Dish.

When I had the 625 installed over a year ago, the tech set the TV 2 remote up to work remotely from another room. Anyhow, good to see you're leaving ComCrap and returning to Dish. I've had both them and Time Weiner, couldn't afford the channels I'm now getting with Dish.

And you're now switching back to Time Warner???:confused::rolleyes::eek:

I did discover that Comcast ran a new line when they installed both my cable and HSI. The old line is still there from when I had DISH so it should be an easy install.

I will be keeping Comcast for the HSI and lifleline for the QAM HD channels that Dish currently doesn't have in our area... (CBS and PBS).... hopefully DISH will have these 2 missing HD locals soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts