The Tale of the Cavaliers fan in Dayton, OH

electronica

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Beavercreek, OH
Just like the title says, I am a Cleveland Cavaliers fan who lives in Dayton, OH. When I attempt to tune into Fox Sports Ohio, I get the famous "This program is not available for viewing in your area" message. Ugh.

So tonight, The Cavaliers game happens to be broadcast on NBA TV. I thought to myself, cool, I'll get to watch the game tonight. However, I come up empty on this channel as well. Same message.

I also happen to know that DirecTV and Time Warner customers are able to watch the Cavs on Fox Sports Ohio in this area.

Hoping the DIRT team can give me some resolve on this issue as it has been on going for quite some time. Thanks for any help regarding this situation.

Just like the title says, I am a Cleveland Cavaliers fan who lives in Dayton, OH. When I attempt to tune into Fox Sports Ohio, I get the famous "This program is not available for viewing in your area" message. Ugh.

So tonight, The Cavaliers game happens to be broadcast on NBA TV. I thought to myself, cool, I'll get to watch the game tonight. However, I come up empty on this channel as well. Same message.

I also happen to know that DirecTV and Time Warner customers are able to watch the Cavs on Fox Sports Ohio in this area.

Hoping the DIRT team can give me some resolve on this issue as it has been on going for quite some time. Thanks for any help regarding this situation.

Send me a PM with your phone number or account number please.

Good luck trying to get this resolved. I have been trying for years. Nobody will tell me why DirecTV and Time Warner customers can watch but not Dish customers.

Dish Game Finder ---- DISH Game Finder Web Tool | My DISH Support says all the Cavaliers games are blacked out.

Yespage said:
Are you in Pacer Territory?

No. My zip code is 45503. My local pro sports teams are the Cincinnati Reds, Columbus Blue Jackets, & Cleveland Cavaliers. I can watch the Reds & the Blue Jackets on FSN CIncinnati. The Cavs are always blacked out on FSN Ohio & NBA TV. With Direct TV & Time Warner Cable you get to watch the Cavs on FSN Ohio.

Directv shows this for that zip code as the teams you should get

FS Ohio HD (Ch. 660) - HD Available
Cleveland Cavaliers (HD Available)
Columbus Blue Jackets (HD Available)

FS Cincinnati HD (Ch. 661) - HD Available
Columbus Blue Jackets (HD Available)
Reds (HD Available)

so dont know why Dish says otherwise

They **should** be......but who knows honestly. Maybe Dish bought the discounted rate for FSN Ohio where anywhere outside of Cleveland is blacked out. I dont know if RSN's even do that but ya never know

I'm in Dayton and don't get Fox Sports Ohio (that I know of). What channel is it ? I do get FSN Cincinnati.

Sent from my phone...