Switching back to Time Warner

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
It's been a fun 15 months with Dish, but I have decided to switch back to Time Warner Cable. I've enjoyed having things like Red Zone, TV Everywhere, two Superstations from my home market, and everything else, but I was much happier with TWC. I got off the phone with them awhile ago, they'll be here to install me on Tuesday.

I left time warner for dish network and never will look back, expensive, slow internet, too much to list... I pay $25 for dish for 200+ channels, and also switched to Frontier Communicaions DSL with a home phone for $36/month, $61 dollars for Internet, phone and tv, When I had all 3 services bundled on time warner cable was almost $200/month

Good Luck though, hope time warner cable is better in the area you live.

Ok, but.......

When I had the 625 installed over a year ago, the tech set the TV 2 remote up to work remotely from another room. Anyhow, good to see you're leaving ComCrap and returning to Dish. I've had both them and Time Weiner, couldn't afford the channels I'm now getting with Dish.

??

Admittedly, this thread is quite questionable based on the short period of time between the referenced posts. Hopefully the OP will come back and elaborate more on that.

Having said that (and since I got no replies to my post in the Time Warner forum) I will say that I am also considering a move back to them as well, albeit most likely a much more temporary one. I absolutely like Dish much better, particularly equipment-wise. Although I have heard the Cisco 8742 (I believe?) is a pretty good unit.

The abbreviated version of my situation is that TWC offered me a very good bundle deal that would save me around $38 per month and free installation. I already have them for Internet. We don't watch as much TV during the summer and after checking channel lineups the main loss for me is NFL Network/Redzone which I wouldn't need until the fall. So my thought is that perhaps I can leverage the fact I am nearly out of contract with Dish to make the move with no ETF and come back in the fall with some promo pricing.

In a chat with a Dish CSR they told me after 90 days I could be eligible for those promos again. Is that correct? I ask because they also told me I could get 2 Hoppers/1 Joey then when I contacted them back to try to do it they told me that was incorrect. We all know about the accuracy of the CSR info at times.

Just consider the date this thread was started, and that will explain everything.

Ok, I considered it :), 51min between posts....
Today 01:53 AM
When I had the 625 installed over a year ago, the tech set the TV 2 remote up to work remotely from another room. Anyhow, good to see you're leaving ComCrap and returning to Dish. I've had both them and Time Weiner, couldn't afford the channels I'm now getting with Dish.

Today 02:44 AM
It's been a fun 15 months with Dish, but I have decided to switch back to Time Warner Cable. I've enjoyed having things like Red Zone, TV Everywhere, two Superstations from my home market, and everything else, but I was much happier with TWC. I got off the phone with them awhile ago, they'll be here to install me on Tuesday.

Yeah it got me too or I wouldn't have taken the time to post my real questions in this thread hoping it'd get more traffic than the nearly dead Time Warner forum. Oh, well. Anyone who has some real input for me over on the Time Warner forum thread I created would be very welcome. :)

I have Cablevision in my area, and the lack of NFL network and Redzone have kept me from a switch. They do offer some pretty aggressive pricing for people switching from the Sat companies. I have read that with the NFL network broadcasting more and more games each year, this should start to put some pressure on the Time Warners and Cablevisions of the world to offer the channel.

I remember some of the gags that were posted here last year, some were good, some were bad. I doubt I'll ever post about Disney Channel HD being added to Dish...unless by some miracle, it actually happens. ;)

Jee, I hope OP is not under contract. That could hurt with 9 months left.

No contract here. I'm on a flex account, got that account just in case FiOS were to become available here during the two year period (fat chance of that happening anytime soon) and I were to decide to try them out.

I have Cablevision in my area, and the lack of NFL network and Redzone have kept me from a switch. They do offer some pretty aggressive pricing for people switching from the Sat companies. I have read that with the NFL network broadcasting more and more games each year, this should start to put some pressure on the Time Warners and Cablevisions of the world to offer the channel.

Cablevision I can see finally giving in to the pressure over something like this. As for TWC...I don't know, they're pretty stubborn about things, nothing has gotten them to budge to NFL Network's terms yet, I'm wondering if even more games would get them to give in.

I know this is an April Fools joke and all, but what I usually have to say of serious threads of this nature is: Who cares? It's not like you're getting a divorce or losing a family member. Big whoop you're switching from Dish, now go to whatever forum Time Warner/Comcast has and tell them.