switching from a duel lnb to a tripple.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charlieborg

Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Ok this is the problem I'm having. I took down my working duel dish, and put up my new tripple lnb dish, and I THINK IT IS SET UP OK. i HAVE SET UP MANY DISHES BEFORE, JUST NOT A TRIPPLE ONE. Anyway.. i canget all three sats on the reciever(2 Hughes dvr 40's)But I don't get all the channels when i do the siginal test. One will get all of them, then the other will miss the odds on one? I switched cables too to see if it was something in the cable still the same. I do have a 3x4 multi switch in line too. could it be something in the hook up causing this? :confused:
OH, and what can i expect to bennifet from having the three lnb dish compared to the duel one? :eek:

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

You guessed it, you have to remove your old 3x4 switch. There are special switches (22KHz tone) for the Phase III dish if needed, but of course it has 4 outputs so I would dump the switch and use the outputs from the Phase III dish.

Time to run some new coax from the dish.

hey, thanks..I wondered why I would get siginal, then lose it, and not be moving the dish at all! It only happens on the one sat too, the other two work fine.

charlieborg said:
Ok this is the problem I'm having. I took down my working duel dish, and put up my new tripple lnb dish, and I THINK IT IS SET UP OK. i HAVE SET UP MANY DISHES BEFORE, JUST NOT A TRIPPLE ONE. Anyway.. i canget all three sats on the reciever(2 Hughes dvr 40's)But I don't get all the channels when i do the siginal test. One will get all of them, then the other will miss the odds on one? I switched cables too to see if it was something in the cable still the same. I do have a 3x4 multi switch in line too. could it be something in the hook up causing this? :confused:
OH, and what can i expect to bennifet from having the three lnb dish compared to the duel one? :eek:

Duel: A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.
Dual: Composed of two usually like or complementary parts.

Gotta love those fighting LNBs.

So about running extra RG6

Do you really need to run more RG6 from the Sat Dish or can I use a Multiswitch (Like I use now on my Dual LNB setup). Since there is absolutely no way I can get more cable from the dish to my TVs.
:)

phase III setup and config.

If you cant run the lines to the receivers then you do need at least a 4x4 switch with 4 lines from your dish to the switch then use your current runs to your receivers.

On a related note: I'm looking to upgrade my dual LNB to the triple so I can get HD. My question is: I also have an old Single LNB sitting in my shed, can I use that 'gun' or 'receiver' or whatever the thing is that receives the incoming info from the sat, or do i need to buy a terk sat c kit?

I know I need the combiner, just not sure about spending $30-$40 for a sat c kit if I've got half the kit in my shed.

Thanks

It sounds as though you are referring to the old Para Todo's dish, or the Phase 1, which you connect individual LNBF's for 101/119 and 110. If so, you CANNOT use your existing LNBF for the SAT C (or 110 WL) location, as the LNBF is a special, non-standard one. Do your self a favor, and upgrade to a Phase 3 dish antenna. You will have less chance for problems in the future.

Al

sman said:
Do you really need to run more RG6 from the Sat Dish or can I use a Multiswitch (Like I use now on my Dual LNB setup). Since there is absolutely no way I can get more cable from the dish to my TVs.
:)

you have to have all 4 lines from the dish to use a multi switch.So in your case you do not need nor would a new switch work.Just take the old switch out and replace it with grounding blocks.Then run the extra lines from the blocks to the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts