Switching from D* to E*

Stanow

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Hey! I am switching from D* to E* today. Installer is on his way. Should he use the cables from my D* dish to connect the E* dish to my tv, or should he run all new lines?
Thanks.

I guess it depends. Are you going to have him physically remove the D* dish and replace it with the E* dish? If so then you might as well

However, if you are going to leave the D* dish intact, you might want to have seperate cabling for the E* in case you want the flexibility of switching back

I guess it depends. Are you going to have him physically remove the D* dish and replace it with the E* dish? If so then you might as well

However, if you are going to leave the D* dish intact, you might want to have seperate cabling for the E* in case you want the flexibility of switching back

I did that very thing and had both services installed last year. If I were him I would allow him to do a separate install for DIRECTV and keep my DISH install just in case you ever wanted to switch back.

I did that. MISTAKE. I am going back. Check out your HD on E* as compared to D*. I am hoping to reduce and save money, but always remember, when they tell you, ALL THAT GLITTER IS N O T GOLD!