Switching from Expressvu to DishNetwork

Spacemodeler

Oct 9, 2008
Don't know where to post this question but figured I'd start here.
Been with Expressvu here in the states for over 5 years. Upgraded to HD last year and expect to be cut off soon as I was using CanAm.
Also on DirectTV HD and was thinking of dropping Bell before they cut me off and use my 9242 (VIP 722) receiver with DishNetwork and subscribe to their basic HD package.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

You can't use your 9242 with Dish. Its a 622 by the way and I am afraid its a door stop if you used CanAm. Bell will not allow it to be transferred to another account.

Hi peano,
Thanks for the info. Had the receiver for about a year now and wasn't quite sure what the exact Dish model it was equal to. I guess I'm a bit naive, but I didn't know that Bell could disable the receiver from being used as a Dish receiver with a legitimate account with Dish. Oh well, can always use a spare hard drive. Live and learn! Thanks again for the help.

I guess I'm a bit naive, but I didn't know that Bell could disable the receiver from being used as a Dish receiver with a legitimate account with Dish.

Bell will put the receiver's ID on a blacklist so that it can never be activated on Bell again. And because it is a Bell unit (per the serial number), it has never been possible to activate it on Dish Network. I expect you don't have good options with the 9242. I have a 9200 in the same state, and have already been cut off. Silly waste of hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)