Switching from Reg Hopper to Sling / Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Only works android or Apple phone or tablets for the transfer feature. The viewing should work on windows computers, I don't beleive it will work on windows phones or tablets.

Well I will play around with it once my receiver shows up on dishanywhere. I know there are some programs to run Android apps on Windows 8, might have to see if they work.

I stand corrected, but I find that to be inaccurate or confusing at best. Example, my Hopper is only showing 381 GB free of 1.2 T. But, my recordings says drive is only 47% used=564 GB. I would be inclined to trust the latter.
Remember the drive makers use powers of 1000 while Dish uses powers of 1024 for the same label. This makes a 2.4% difference for MB, more than 4.8% for GB, and more than 7.2% for TB.
-Ken

I just installed Bluestacks which is an Android emulator program on my computer. Installed the Dish App and can get into my Hopper just fine on that, still doesn't work through the dishanywhere web site though.

There was a known issue like this not very long ago. May still be an active issue. Try pming a dirt member.

Did you read the post 3 up where I said that the Android App works, and earlier where I said it is getting an IP address and I can ping it........Yes the internet is working.

Just wanted to update that is has been over a week now and I still can't get into Dishanywhere. Dish is aware of the issue and suppose to be looking into it but doesn't seem anything is happening.

New update, over 2 weeks now and still no Dishanywhere. Been getting in the run around on they chat support so I called last night. Got help on the line and the first thing she ask is if their is a network line hooked to the Hopper, if only I could reach through the phone! After going through all the steps with her to prove it is not a network problem she finally passes me up a level in support. Get this guy on the phone and in less then 30 seconds he knows exactly what I am talking about and says it is a know problem and their is going to be a fix on Dec 3rd....... Now why can't they get this info to the flunky people that answer the phone and do the chat so they know what is going on. So I will wait until Dec 3rd and see if he was just feeding me a line, wish I would have remembered to ask why my Joey is so slow now.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts