Switching satellites to get local HD's.

hunterdad196

Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Northern Michigan
I am in northeastern michigan, and I've had a Turbo HD/ 722k setup for about 3 years. My dish is tuned to 110,119,129. I just found out that I can get my locals in HD on 61.5. Can I retune to this satellite, and if so, what other ones are required for the to tier programming. Also, i'm not sure if I'll have to get dish to reprogram my receivers. Any help is appreciated.

I am in northeastern michigan, and I've had a Turbo HD/ 722k setup for about 3 years. My dish is tuned to 110,119,129. I just found out that I can get my locals in HD on 61.5. Can I retune to this satellite, and if so, what other ones are required for the to tier programming. Also, i'm not sure if I'll have to get dish to reprogram my receivers. Any help is appreciated.

If you already have your locals in SD then all it would be is a matter of getting 61.5 sat tuned in.Kind of strange they have you on western arc and your hd locals are on the eastern arc.

I see a couple of Michigan locals DMAs that have HD on 61.5 and SD on 110. I'd contact one of the DIRT team members on this site to see if they can get you someone out to add 61.5 to your dish setup. You'll find them in red at the bottom of the Forum main page....

Some people have proven highly resistant to the notices about switching arcs and updating to MPEG4 equipment.

Definitely a possibility there.The only other thing I could think of is they put the op on western due to a los issue.

As Bobby said give one of the dirt members a pm.

using VIP622 with hoppers?

Slingbox Now Compatable With WDTV Media Players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts