switching to direct tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

djsw53

Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
I have dish now and am thinking of going to direct tv. i really need wireless for internet as I live in the country on dial up. How long do you think it will be before they have that going on? And at what cost.
Also Direct Tv says you can pick your own dish and receiver now. I have no idea what to get as I am not a techo and I don't have a HD tv yet. It is all so confusing to the person who is not up on all this.:eek:

Directv will assign you with the dish you will need for the system you want. Basiclly a single LNB dish for just regular receivers and DVR's and Triple LNB or AT9 dish's for HD. You only have to pick your receiver.

If your locals (if you add those) are not on 101w then you will get the PhaseIII dish even with standard receivers. If you locals are on 101w you should still be able to upgrade to the PhaseIII if you request it. It may cost you a few extra $$.

D* has had Direcway internet connection for a while now. Uses a seperate dish, but I don't know if you can use the Direcway dish to recieve D*s TV service. Can anyone elaborate??----Ray

raymo721 said:
D* has had Direcway internet connection for a while now. Uses a seperate dish, but I don't know if you can use the Direcway dish to recieve D*s TV service. Can anyone elaborate??----Ray

You can get an adaptor for the dway dish but its not worth the money. Our company charges 125 for the adaptor and you cannot always receive the highest signal on 101 because the direcway signal cannot move and this makes it difficult to tune the 101 lnb in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts