Switching to DirecTV, maybe?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
All b/c the other satellite TV provider won't give me a new remote when the one I have is failing even though I paid protection for almost 5 years; it seems that a lot of other people got new remotes without even having a protection plan.

So after looking at DirecTV I can get all the channels we watch (a grand total of about 15 ) with the exception of Outdoor which is ala carte, new equipment (with a new remote!), and WIRELESS for about $300 more than we'd pay X over the next 2 years. Yes I'd pay $300 more each yea. I suspect there wouldn't be any incentive to stay with DirecTV either when the contract came to term other than maybe the wireless equipment. The incentive seems to be to switch providers after each contract terms.

So:
1. What do I need to watch out for with this provider?
2. Do the wireless Genies work ok?
3. When this contract is up, may I return to my current provider as a new customer with a new contract?
4. Does DirecTV have a 'protection' plan? Is it optional?
5. Hidden, oh-by-way fees?

We don't subscribe to movie or sports packages, and don't do pay per views. if that helps with the responses.

Thank you!

I'll answer the ones I can.
#3 - yes you can return, not as a new customer, but as a returning customer with deals usually the same as a new one
#4 - yes they do. It is optional with a fee
#5 - depending on where you are at, there may be an RSN fee that is less than $3 (I think)

2. The Genie is only installed using wireless to connect to your network and yes it works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)