Switching to dish and confused - which receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeffreymabq

Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
New Mexico
OK, so I am switching to Dish from Directv (for a list of reasons). But, all the 922 vs 722 threads in recent days has me really confused. So, I am seeking the experts advice on how to maximize my Dish experience (without a ton of receiver fees).

I basically want HD-DVRs in 2 rooms,
Room 1 - Single home run from my dish
Room 2 - 3 Home runs
TV2 feed to another room, and slingbox, so I can watch my DVR throughout my home network (I only have 2 rooms with TV's, but would like the ability to stream food network to the kitchen).

My VIP922 question - can I stream a recording, while someone watches something on a tuner?
And, my general question, why wouldn't I take a 722 and a slingbox over a 922?

And, yes, I know the 922 is not out yet, but I am not switching until it does. Either to get one, or to (hopefully) see a price drop on the 722...

Please help me, I am kind of perplexed...

722k + sling box is the choice most should make. all the really good stuff has presently been taken out of the production versions of the 922. either a 612 or 622 for 'spare' or second viewing areas.

My VIP922 question - can I stream a recording, while someone watches something on a tuner?
yes, one of the 2 tuners on the 922 is dedicated to sling. However you can only watch it in HD if your on your network (sling's to your cell phone while your out or a computer not at the house will be shown in SD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)