Switching to dish and confused - which receivers?

jeffreymabq

Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
New Mexico
OK, so I am switching to Dish from Directv (for a list of reasons). But, all the 922 vs 722 threads in recent days has me really confused. So, I am seeking the experts advice on how to maximize my Dish experience (without a ton of receiver fees).

I basically want HD-DVRs in 2 rooms,
Room 1 - Single home run from my dish
Room 2 - 3 Home runs
TV2 feed to another room, and slingbox, so I can watch my DVR throughout my home network (I only have 2 rooms with TV's, but would like the ability to stream food network to the kitchen).

My VIP922 question - can I stream a recording, while someone watches something on a tuner?
And, my general question, why wouldn't I take a 722 and a slingbox over a 922?

And, yes, I know the 922 is not out yet, but I am not switching until it does. Either to get one, or to (hopefully) see a price drop on the 722...

Please help me, I am kind of perplexed...

722k + sling box is the choice most should make. all the really good stuff has presently been taken out of the production versions of the 922. either a 612 or 622 for 'spare' or second viewing areas.

My VIP922 question - can I stream a recording, while someone watches something on a tuner?
yes, one of the 2 tuners on the 922 is dedicated to sling. However you can only watch it in HD if your on your network (sling's to your cell phone while your out or a computer not at the house will be shown in SD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts