Switching to Turbo HD

filovirus

Nov 11, 2008
After an email to ceo I was allowed to upgrade to Turbo HD before Feb 2009. We do not watch much SD so will see if it is beneficial to us. I am mostly looking forward to new HD channels.

Wish they had a version of Sub HD for the guide.

Not the OP but.... I explained that they were losing money by not allowing me to upgrade from Absolute to Turbo Silver. I wanted BTN for the football season and if I had to wait intil Feb. '09 I might as well wait until Sept. '09. In that amount of time they'd lose over $100 in subscriber fees.

Got an email back the next day asking for my account info. Got an email back the following day that I was switched.

I tried to do that back in August. Emails to CEO and everything. I was grandfathered into the HDOnly package paying $40.97 but I didn't get my RSN. I wanted it for college football. I told them the same thing -- that they were leaving money on the table every month by not allowing to get into the TurboHD package for ONE CHANNEL, Fox Sports Northwest HD for college football.

They refused. Another reason I bailed on these clowns.

With their downturn in subs and revenue, and upturn in churn, they may finally get their act together. They may also be more willing to help us out when we ask.

I just tried calling- it didn't work, talked to a domestic person in tech support. Told him I wanted to upgrade to TurboGold. Wouldn't do it- said I had to wait 'till February.

I got the same thing from the 800 line. It was the email I sent to ceo@dishnetwork.com voicing my issues that allowed me to change over. Looks like WGN HD is not in any of the packages though, but does not matter at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)