Switching TODAY

A_Noland said:
You will be giving up name based recordings for a while. The 921 is working fairly good these days, but still has its share of problems. I think the 522 has it's share of problems as well. The 510 is pretty solid these days.

You'll be getting UHF remotes and a 30sec skip button.
once for the 522 by the way

RealtorAndy said:
The install is now 90% copmplete (missing a diplexer). Q: The 921 is running very HOT - I don't typically turn the unit off ( adv programming etc.) but it's very hot! It's ventilated but I'm a bit concerned. My TiVo never got this warm- Of course I only had a 40 and 80 gig drive in it.

The Saga continues: My installation is quickly going down the tubes. The 522 is acting up - It is for some reason recording non requested programs on TV2. I am also not getting any data updates to my program guide. Once when I unplugged it and re-plugged in, a message appeared that said I had a SERIOUS hard disk failure. Soooo that box is going to be replaced. Now on to the 921: It is still running VERY VERY HOT - Dish network offered an exchange without batting an eye (I smell a RAT, or maybe a known problem). Anyway, My dealer of course dosen't have another unit, and I won't know untill Monday when one (of Each) will be avail.

I havn't cancelled DirectTV yet - :)

RealtorAndy said:
The Saga continues: My installation is quickly going down the tubes. The 522 is acting up - It is for some reason recording non requested programs on TV2. I am also not getting any data updates to my program guide. Once when I unplugged it and re-plugged in, a message appeared that said I had a SERIOUS hard disk failure. Soooo that box is going to be replaced. Now on to the 921: It is still running VERY VERY HOT - Dish network offered an exchange without batting an eye (I smell a RAT, or maybe a known problem). Anyway, My dealer of course dosen't have another unit, and I won't know untill Monday when one (of Each) will be avail.

I havn't cancelled DirectTV yet - :)

It never stops:

Now, 24 hrs later, The 522 has "Repaired itself" (so Far) - I now have a full Guide - All the data is there.

It hasn't performed any mystery recordings lately - I'm thinking maybe a neighbor might have a "Clicker" that is interfering, but that's just a shot-in-the-dark. :eek:

RealtorAndy said:
It never stops:

Now, 24 hrs later, The 522 has "Repaired itself" (so Far) - I now have a full Guide - All the data is there.

It hasn't performed any mystery recordings lately - I'm thinking maybe a neighbor might have a "Clicker" that is interfering, but that's just a shot-in-the-dark. :eek:

It is possible that your UHF remotes are both on the same/default ID. Look in your instruction manual and there is a procedure for changing the ID of the remote, give it a shot. Or, welcome to the wonderful world of E* hardware.

RealtorAndy said:
It never stops:

The 8-day EPG often takes overnight to download. That's normal.

Reasonable guess on someone having another 522 if they're nearby. Change your remote address and see if it helps - procedure is in the manual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts