switching tv's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lyne53

Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
missouri
i have a hopper2 set up in one room with the joey in another. i want to switch JUST the tv's. if i do this do i need to reset the hopper and joey? is this something i can do myself or will i end up having to get a tech out here? thanks lyne

What do you mean by switching? Changing the Hopper from one TV to the other and vice-versa with the Joey? Switching the TV locations?

If that is the case, the only changes may the TV resolution settings in the Hopper and the Joey.

If you want to change the Hopper location, the satellite cables will be the issue.

i have a hopper2 set up in one room with the joey in another. i want to switch JUST the tv's. if i do this do i need to reset the hopper and joey? is this something i can do myself or will i end up having to get a tech out here? thanks lyne
All you have to do is go to the node and switch the To Host/To Client cables, insuring Host is going to Hopper, Client to Joey. No service call required.

Last edited:
If the Hopper and Joey remain in place and you move the TVs, you will need to reprogram the remotes to properly control TV functions and verify resolution image size and position on the screens.
If you are strong enough to physically move the TVs and knowledgeable enough to post here, you can probably do it all yourself. You may need a little coaching on adjusting the settings. But then, I have seen some techs that could use a little help too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)