SWM-13 LNB First Look

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why would you hate running a SWM 16 ?
You set it up and leave it alone ...

I have one, never think about it.
Read message 1 that I posted. My SWM-16 is running perfectly now,but if I had only been patient enough to wait until morning when it was a lot cooler,AND borrowed that ladder in advance,I wouldn't have suffered from heat exhaustion installing it,turning a "quick" one day self-install(or less,more like one hour) into a two day marathon. THIS would have been so much better & easier to install.

Read message 1 that I posted. My SWM-16 is running perfectly now,but if I had only been patient enough to wait until morning when it was a lot cooler,AND borrowed that ladder in advance,I wouldn't have suffered from heat exhaustion installing it,turning a "quick" one day self-install(or less,more like one hour) into a two day marathon. THIS would have been so much better & easier to install.
I understand the benifits of the new SWM13, it just, if you have a SWM16 already in place, why would you even think about it as long as it works ... as for installing the set up originally or as an upgrade, yes that will be a huge help.

I understand the benifits of the new SWM13, it just, if you have a SWM16 already in place, why would you even think about it as long as it works ... as for installing the set up originally or as an upgrade, yes that will be a huge help.
I don't regret now having the SWM-16 & it most certainly now would be a PIA to reverse all that I did for the SWM-16 to switch to a SWM-13 LNB. Isn't it just life that something better always seems to come along AFTER whatever it is that you have done,installed,bought,etc...............

I have a question doe this mean only one wire going to the genie what about the other receivers will wire be going to them also. Some one explain it all to me.

You will need a splitter to connect additional receivers/dvrs, and a power inserter, just like a swm lnb currently available. The difference is that this lnb will provide for 13 tuners instead of 8.

I guess there will be a SWS-13 with it just like the SWS-8 with the current SWM LNB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess there will be a SWS-13 with it just like the SWS-8 with the current SWM LNB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the SWM-8 Splitter is big enough to handle the SWM-13 LNB. If they go with a larger splitter,it will no doubt be a SWM-16 splitter. More specifically,I can't see Directv,or anyone else,going with an odd numbered splitter(aside from a 3-way or 5 way splitter). Most likely you'll see an even numbered 10-way,12-way,14-way,or 16-way splitter.

the SWM-8 Splitter is big enough to handle the SWM-13 LNB. If they go with a larger splitter,it will no doubt be a SWM-16 splitter.

Unless someone wants more than eight receivers, which is highly unlikely.

No doubt. The target customer is one with a Genie and several dvrs. The sws8 is perfect for that person. Even the sws4 would be good for a Genie and three dvrs.

Has nothing to do with Receivers -It's tuners Drives SWM 13 means 13 tuners HD receiver = 1 tuner, HDVR= 2 Tuners ,Genie =5 Tuners, SD receiver= 1 Tuner SDDVR= 2 Tuners

Those that have a SWM-16 (4)lines from the dish that only use 13 or less tuners can forgo the (4) lines and SWM 16 for one RG6 to run there system with a PI-21 or PI-29 powers supply & a SWM 8 Splitter. Cleaning up and freeing 3 RG6 lines for (Secuirty Camera's)

If needed.

It also Keeps D* Plant Cost down as 1 wire Vrs 4 is easier to trouble shoot and they no longer have to support the legacy LNB or SWM 16 in the field moving forward.

Has nothing to do with Receivers -It's tuners Drives SWM 13 means 13 tuners HD receiver = 1 tuner, HDVR= 2 Tuners ,Genie =5 Tuners, SD receiver= 1 Tuner SDDVR= 2 Tuners

Those that have a SWM-16 (4)lines from the dish that only use 13 or less tuners can forgo the (4) lines and SWM 16 for one RG6 to run there system with a PI-21 or PI-29 powers supply & a SWM 8 Splitter. Cleaning up and freeing 3 RG6 lines for (Secuirty Camera's)

If needed.

It also Keeps D* Plant Cost down as 1 wire Vrs 4 is easier to trouble shoot and they no longer have to support the legacy LNB or SWM 16 in the field moving forward.
I can only tell you,after all the trouble I went through setting up my SWM-16 multi-switch,I'm not going to undo it to put this up......WHEN it becomes available. If only it had been available in the first place.......

Nobody is asking you to do that - It's just a possibilty and a win for D* installers everywhere as well as cutting the company bottom line

Nobody is asking you to do that - It's just a possibilty and a win for D* installers everywhere as well as cutting the company bottom line
I was wanting to go with the SWM-13 multi-switch,but that's not available either. Now,if I understand correctly,I would have needed TWO cables from an LNB to connect to a SWM-13 multi-switch,instead of just one cable as I originally thought. That's the way technology works,example: you get a HR34 Genie AND THEN they release the HR44 & you're SOL(I don't have either by the way). The SWM-13 LNB would have been excellent for my situation as I only would have had to change the LNB.

I was wanting to go with the SWM-13 multi-switch,but that's not available either. Now,if I understand correctly,I would have needed TWO cables from an LNB to connect to a SWM-13 multi-switch,instead of just one cable as I originally thought. That's the way technology works,example: you get a HR34 Genie AND THEN they release the HR44 & you're SOL(I don't have either by the way). The SWM-13 LNB would have been excellent for my situation as I only would have had to change the LNB.
The swm13 multiswitch still needs 4 lines to feed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts