SWM 2-Way Splitter Question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
Can I use another 2-way Directv splitter to add an additional coax cable in a added room? There's currently 1 SWM splitter in conjunction with a SWM 16 that's on the outside house I think it's a SWM 8-way that's connected to 4 receivers, with the other available ports terminated. In one room there's two coax lines interconnected with each other, with the 2nd other end of that coax into the next room, but someone disconnected the one end of the main point cable(in 1 room) and hooked it up to the hd box, leaving the other cable(2nd room)unused, wondering if a 2-way splitter works in that situation.

Would it create any issues using added splitter between lines? Since there is the main 8-way outside. I know is recommended on the 8-way directly
But it's not feasible at the moment without drilling another hole which I wont do.

Would it create any issues using added splitter between lines? Since there is the main 8-way outside. I know is recommended on the 8-way directly

Little bit of signal loss (2.5) DB, but nothing that should hurt the operation of your system.

Technically you need a SWM splitter which is Directv approved, but any splitter rated for 40-2150 MHZ should work. Only worry about power pass if your passing power from a power inserter.

Okay I got the 2-way splitter now where exactly should I connected the main coax from room 1 to power pass in? or the out ports? I'm guessing power pass port is for power inserter as Claude said.

No the inserter is in the living room, I'm trying to split line in between 2 bedrooms, with a small coax in back of HD receiver in 1 room and another line in a room nearby going to a SD receiver, but know that I think of it a 2-way is not enough if nothing can be connected on the power pass port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The line I'm trying to split is currently connected in back of HD receiver, which I guess have to be on the splitter inline with a seperate small coax to the back of that box, then a different line to the nearby bedroom.

The line I'm trying to split is currently connected in back of HD receiver, which I guess have to be on the splitter inline with a seperate small coax to the back of that box, then a different line to the nearby bedroom.

Yes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)