SWM 3 LNB to Slim 5 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
I live in Southeast Mississippi, I get Biloxi and some New Orleans locals on my satellite and I am trying to "move" to get Mobile stations because 1. I can pickup all 3 Biloxi stations on an OTA antenna easily and 2. I rarely, ever go to New Orleans and my wife and I do go to Mobile and Pensacola area quite a lot.

When I got my dish installed here they threw on a SWM 3 LNB with 1 input and a SWM power inserter. I knew I needed a 5 lnb to get the Mobile SD locals. I bought a SL5 5 lnb with 4 inputs on ebay and I am trying to hook it up. I have 2 coaxial cables, 1 installed in the SWM lnb and 1 hanging on the dish pole. Can anyone assist me on if I can possibly switch to the Slim 5 lnb with just the 2 coaxials attached or do i need 2 more. Plus what do I need to pick on my Sat Setup on the screen and do I need B-Band converters, which i still have from my last house in Florida.

I live in Southeast Mississippi, I get Biloxi and some New Orleans locals on my satellite and I am trying to "move" to get Mobile stations because 1. I can pickup all 3 Biloxi stations on an OTA antenna easily and 2. I rarely, ever go to New Orleans and my wife and I do go to Mobile and Pensacola area quite a lot.

When I got my dish installed here they threw on a SWM 3 LNB with 1 input and a SWM power inserter. I knew I needed a 5 lnb to get the Mobile SD locals. I bought a SL5 5 lnb with 4 inputs on ebay and I am trying to hook it up. I have 2 coaxial cables, 1 installed in the SWM lnb and 1 hanging on the dish pole. Can anyone assist me on if I can possibly switch to the Slim 5 lnb with just the 2 coaxials attached or do i need 2 more. Plus what do I need to pick on my Sat Setup on the screen and do I need B-Band converters, which i still have from my last house in Florida.

You need the bbcs if you don't have an HR23. How many dvrs/receivers are you using? The 5 lnb will run 4 tuners, that is two dvrs or four receivers. I'm guessing you have more than one since you have the SWM. If so, you need to run a cable for each tuner you have. Make sure to remove the power inserter and splitter from the set up. It would be easier if you had a SWM 5 lnb, just switch the 5 for the 3.

probably it might be easier to get a swm 5 lnb

Thanks guys. Yeah, I just figured out I'm a dummy, I might as well just resell the slim and get a SWM 5 lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)