SWM 5 Lnbs (Possibly)

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
SWM 5 Lnbs FOR SALE

My contracting firm just closed down, and I may have some SWM 5 Lnbs at the end of next week, not sure if im gonna be able to match them all with power inserters or not yet though, just checking for potential sales. Would anyone be interested? If so what would you offer, ebay lists a kit at 60USD +Ship

Last edited:
actually there was a preproduction swm5 that did the samething as the swm8 but was limited to 5 tuners for some reason, never went retail, but yea... these are LNBs I have 6 of them right now, need to wait to see if I have to turn them in or not.. just wanted to see if there was interest.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is a SWM5?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The SWM5 is basically the same in idea as the SWM8, but it has:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No Over-The-Air input for diplexing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only 5 streams of stacked support (instead of 8)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only 2 legacy ports (instead of 3)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In short, we think that there's not a lot to be gained by getting a SWM5, and that most customers who move from older multiswitches should move all the way to a SWM8.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=02&p=SWM5-KIT&d=DIRECTV-SWM5KIT-Single-Wire-MultiSwitch-With-Power-Supply-%285-Channel%29-%28SWM5KIT%29[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]aparently it is sold..
[/FONT]

arite looks like these are mine now, anyone interested? Also for an additional fee +mileage, if you are near the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Poconos Area of NEPA, I will install this for you as well.

I am interested, thing is this thought I have 16 tuners on my account, how would I do this with a SWM?

Well your a little out of my driving distance to set this up for you, but as Jason mentioned, you would need a second Ka/Ku dish installed at your home, and then a SWM Lnb on both of them, I apologize but I do not wish to get into shipping of physical dishes, those are being picked up by local techs. Anyone else? Ive decided 50/kit + shipping based on zipcode, and the items will be shipped via fedex. If you have a fedex account number I will gladly bill your account and send for 50flat. My zipcode is 18640 if you would like to go to fedex.com and get your own estimate for shipping from you to me (as from me to you should be the same.)

thanks twisted, looks like I am staying legacy :) I dont want to pay for a SWM especially when it was suppose to be installed when we were setup, really all I want is networking out of it, but I only have two more rooms to run ethernet too and I am set.
and linda we have 11 tvs scattered about in 6 living rooms and 5 bedrooms.

if i bought one of these, what else would i need to make a complete installation? thanks.

like starting from nothing? Umm an installer lol, a dish, lots of cable, some compression fittings, a compression tool, and a good pair of strippers at least. more tools depending on what type of installation you needed.

like starting from nothing? Umm an installer lol, a dish, lots of cable, some compression fittings, a compression tool, and a good pair of strippers at least. more tools depending on what type of installation you needed.

i have the dish and lots of cable from it into my house as i once had 3 dvr's and a receiver hooked up. now, its just 2 dvr's. probabaly impractical to pull the wiring and start over?

i have the dish and lots of cable from it into my house as i once had 3 dvr's and a receiver hooked up. now, its just 2 dvr's. probabaly impractical to pull the wiring and start over?

What kind of dvrs do you have, if your recievers are older, are you certain they are compatible with SWM? I apologize but I must note returns will not be accepted based on receiver incompatibility, if your lnb is damaged, i will gladly ship you a replacement, once I receive the damaged one back.

My business zip is 91406
Home Zip is 91364

attached is a fedex.com quote. also, shipping to a business costs extra.

I did over compensate, stating it weighs 10lbs, its probably closer to 5, but I want to be sure to cover any + or - weight, plus there are 3 items that will be shipped. Its also declared at 50.00 value, increasing this rate did not increase the shipping quote. also box size did not increase or decrease the rate of shipping, i just guessed here.

Attachments

• shippingcali.jpg
    shippingcali.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 78
i have an hr20 and hr21 pro.

Well i dont want to say yes for sure without seeing the whole setup as any installer shouldnt, but as long as you have an ka/ku slimline dish, and not the side car, and as long as you have enough line to get from the lnb to the power inserter, then to the switch you should be good. Might want to look up some documents on SWM to see how its installed.

Well i dont want to say yes for sure without seeing the whole setup as any installer shouldnt, but as long as you have an ka/ku slimline dish, and not the side car, and as long as you have enough line to get from the lnb to the power inserter, then to the switch you should be good. Might want to look up some documents on SWM to see how its installed.

i don't have the sidecar dish. pardon if this sounds like a dense question but the wire used in the current setup would need to be removed, correct? then new wire would run with the new install? i ask because of all the lines currently coming into my house presently, i would hope there would be enough,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts